Swollen lymph nodes under left jaw?

I woke up with a pain in my face but couldn't really locate it. After a while I noticed that whenever I try to turn my head to the extreme left of my body I feel a pressure on my neck. I then realized that my lymph node is swollen and tender to the touch. I also have a pain on the inside of my jaw close to the wisdon tooth. What could be wrong?

Favorite Answer

I've had that before. Don't worry it is a sinus infection. My doc gave me bromfenx and biohist and within a couple days it cleared up. Don't worry.

Try rinsing your mouth out with warm salt water (1/4 tsp salt 6 oz warm tap water). Make sure you don't swallow the salt water or it could make you vomit. This may help reduce the pressure but you will want to see a dentist about your wisdom teeth. If you have to have them removed make sure they put you on antibiotics prior to any procedures. I got an infection in the glands under my right jaw after they removed mine and all they wanted to do was stuff cloves in it and call it a dry socket. This problem runs in my family and I did not know about it until it was too late. If you can ask someone in your family if they know of any similar problems, do it. Some of us find that heat or ice applied under the affected jaw helps. Ice helped me but a heating pad helped my cousin. My mother is fond of hot wash cloths. Good luck.

I agree with Pam, I woke up one morning with both lymph nodes swollen. I went to the doctor he put me on the z-pak, it didn't work and they were swollen for two months but, did eventually go down. I think it had something to do with stress myself. Definitely go to the doctor to cover your bases.

You need to see a doctor. The sooner the better. Mono, Mumps, Flu could be your problem but you have to get it treated by a professional. They will diagnose and treat it correctly.

could be a sinus infection, when you have that ....your sinuses drain into your lymph nodes .....go to doctor.....find out for sure what it is.

Usually a sign of infection. Rarely a sign of cancer.