Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

what IS THE WORLDS FASTESE MOTORCYCLE?

i THINK IT IS THE IGM_2021 BUT I DONT KNOW

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're talking production bikes...

Motorcyclist Magazine crowns new king - Quickest Production Bike in history:

Harley Davidson VRod Destroyer - Fastest Production Bike ever made - 9.03 @ 143.xx MPH - Good article - header on the front page announces VRod Destroyer as the new Quickest Production Bike.

Not being a Harley fan, and owning a ZX-14, it pains me to type that! LOL!!!

• 1 decade ago

World's fastest is, I believe a 3000cc rocket bike that hit 354.884mph at Bonneville this year (a dual Hayabusa engined rocket bike hit 350mph and beat the record holder dual Harley Davidson engined motorcycle which was set in 1993 I think then the 3000cc rocket bike beat it a day or so later).

Fastest open wheeled motorcycle is the modified Hayabusa at 258mph. Seven of the top 10 fastest open wheeled motorcycles are Hayabusas with a Triumph, a Kawasaki and a Harley sharing the top 10.

Fastest production bike (stock bike, no mods) is the 1999-2000 Suzuki Hayabusa at a potential of 207mph although realistically 196mph is its upper limit what with wind resistance and other factors.

After 2000, the bike manufacturers set an artificial limit of 300kph as the upper limit (187mph) to try and prevent regulation. Currently the fastest production bike is the Kawasaki Ninja ZX14 by a hair. The problem with it being a hair is that the rider, time of day, road condition, etc can change that one way or the other.

Edit: Heh, the Destroyer isn't street legal. It's a 150 run, $30,000 drag bike. I think it'd be interesting to get it on Bonneville and see if it can beat the current record holders.

The Tomahawk isn't street legal and isn't even billed as a motorcycle (it has four wheels, is it really a motorcycle?). It's billed as a piece of art to showcase the Viper engine. Again, let's see it run on Bonneville against the record holders.

Until the bikes are put through their paces on the course, as far as I'm concerned they can't be considered "The Fastest". That's why there are certain requirements that must be met.

• 1 decade ago

MTT Turbine Superbike

Clocked at 227 MPH