Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

When can I give my newborn pups a bath?

I have puppies that were born on 10/10/06. When can I give them a bath. They have recently started opening their eyes. Some have gotten fleas from mom. Can I bathe them with dawn dish liquid? I was told that this kills fleas and is not toxic.

• Help
    Favorite Answer

Usually pups don't need baths while with Mom,as she keeps them clean,but if you're having problems with fleas would suggest bathing them with a little Dawn and rinse well,but be very sure to do this in a warm room and blowdry them imediately after bathing.Bath the Mom also.When pups reach 7 wks. old you can apply the Advantage flea drops,but be sure to apply by weight.Would suggest spaying the lawn with a flea killer,but remove pets until it is dry.

5 weeks is the right age to begin bathing every other week with special puppy shampoo up until about 5 weeks the mother baths her pups

• Put a flea colar on the mom. Call a vet. Don't wash them in dish soap...they have very delicate skin right now. Wash thier bedding. Call a vet.

You could probably bath them now, but only if the mum doesn't get too agressive or stressed. Remember to bath them in very shallow water one at a time.

you could take them a bath when they are 4 or 3 weeks.i think you should take them a bath with dog sampoo cause my dog had puppies too and my causin and i toke them a bath when they were 3 or 4 weeks.

you can wash themin the sink and get newborn pup shampoo its better 4 dem

no dont there mom will