Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

When can I give my newborn pups a bath?

I have puppies that were born on 10/10/06. When can I give them a bath. They have recently started opening their eyes. Some have gotten fleas from mom. Can I bathe them with dawn dish liquid? I was told that this kills fleas and is not toxic.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Help
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Usually pups don't need baths while with Mom,as she keeps them clean,but if you're having problems with fleas would suggest bathing them with a little Dawn and rinse well,but be very sure to do this in a warm room and blowdry them imediately after bathing.Bath the Mom also.When pups reach 7 wks. old you can apply the Advantage flea drops,but be sure to apply by weight.Would suggest spaying the lawn with a flea killer,but remove pets until it is dry.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

5 weeks is the right age to begin bathing every other week with special puppy shampoo up until about 5 weeks the mother baths her pups

• Put a flea colar on the mom. Call a vet. Don't wash them in dish soap...they have very delicate skin right now. Wash thier bedding. Call a vet.

• 1 decade ago

You could probably bath them now, but only if the mum doesn't get too agressive or stressed. Remember to bath them in very shallow water one at a time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you could take them a bath when they are 4 or 3 weeks.i think you should take them a bath with dog sampoo cause my dog had puppies too and my causin and i toke them a bath when they were 3 or 4 weeks.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

you can wash themin the sink and get newborn pup shampoo its better 4 dem

• 1 decade ago

no dont there mom will

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.