Why is it that white people cannot be proud of their race without being called racist but blacks can?

Favorite Answer

I don't know, but I think it is unfair. Everyone should be able to have someway of expressing their pride for their race without being called racist. We have no control over what happened in the past and should not be held resposible. Being that we live in a "free" country there shouldn't be any problem for any race to have pride for their heritage. For those people who have a problem with another race showing their pride regardless of what race they are, then maybe they should just leave our country. And to think of it, I do believe that the Spanish race also brought blacks to America as slaves. But you know, if we (being the whites) would not have brought any blacks over here, then where would they be now? They wouldn't have the freedoms that they now have. So maybe they should rethink their ways and be thankful for what their forefather went through for them so they could be free to gripe about all of their hardships they now encounter. And what hardships they encounter or claim to encounter now are just bullshit. They have the same rights as everyones else. I can't figure out why there is such a problem. They are free now, so why can't they get over it? And a "WHITE" man made that happen.

• justme

Because that's what white people forefather wanted it to mean. Their own history testifies against it, 400 years white pride became to mean white supremacy, white power etc. Which for 400 years represented hate, racism and oppression.

Because the only motive for white pride was for supremacy only. The thought the one group was better base solely because they are white. Anyone can be proud of their heritage, but when you have a group that practice it for 400 years base solely on hate even some to this day it will often be seen a racist. Especially when they did it directly to the "black race".

P.S it's good your proud but why did you say you will be call racist from blacks. How would blacks know this if you don't tell them? Why would you go around telling blacks your proud of being white? They will question your motive and what is it that your trying to prove.

i imagine that is because "white" isn't a race. there are quite some different races that make up the caucasian inhabitants. Irish, English, Dutch, and so on. We do have St. Patrick's Day, and no one has a challenge with that. We actually have Polaski Day and some others besides. I do see what you attempt to assert and the point you attempt to make, and it really is quite valid. shall we not in any respect placed on a blouse saying "White is pleasing" without being labled a racist. the very actuality of the count number is that the minorities have change into more effective racist than everyone. it really is a actuality or perhaps as some human beings received't want to hearken to it and could not want to trust it, that is the actuality and the actuality can damage often times. ALL races ought to placed aside their lack of understanding if we quite want to unravel the race subject matters.

That is an issue that will not go away until we begin to raise our children to live without prejudice.

I live in Houston and am amazed that we don't have that much prejudice here. It is a huge melting pot and people work more together here for the common good than in any other place I have every been.

I was raised in La. which is a very prejudice state. It was one of the reasons I wanted to leave. The welfare families are what perpetuate the problem.

Example: all the outrage over the New Orleans evacuees who demand to be taken care of by government was not a shock to anyone who came from La. That is how many continue to be raised in La. Have babies to get a bigger check, then get all you can so you can get by. It doesn't matter what color you are. It has to do with the number of poor families that seem to accept that they can squeak by on what the government provides.

That is not living. But, once many of those evacuees got to Houston, they learned that that attitude didn't cut it here. There are many more people in this city that believe you have to work for a living, no matter what the job is or how much you make. People are proud to work here.

I'm not saying everyone from La. is like that, but it is a prevalent problem. The problem worsens in poor rural areas where there aren't any job opportunities and you have to have a car to get to a job.

So, until everyone learns to respect people for WHO THEY ARE as a person and to not stereotype people, there will continue to be prejudice.

Who said you can't be proud. Anyone can be proud. White Black. Latino. Asian. Native American. Why are you making such a big deal about it. Why wouldn't you feel proud of something that makes up a large portion of your identity? Only people who are racists shouldn't be proud of themselves. And that goes for all races of racists, not just whites. Only you know if you're a problem in society's struggle for racial harmony. If you're a part of the answer, then hold your head up.

Good question. I think it is perfectly fine to be proud of being white and of your background and your heritage.

I think what you may need to do is check your sensitivity to the past and current culture of "race" in this country.

The US was built on the backs of slaves who were treated as property. Then we went through the period of Jim Crow where blacks were still treated as less than citizens. So now we have "equal rights" (although the schools I went to and have taught in were segregated and have substandard equipment and materials).

So, all this to say, have pride in your race, but also, try being understanding about some black peoples shaded view of your pride... Check out the web for some information on the history of African Americans in America: http://www.lib.washington.edu/subject/History/tm/b...

Because of collective guilt. The black culture in this country was previously one of slavery and inequity. Therefore, as a whole, the white population feels guilty about the treatment of blacks. So as a social resonse to the guilt, it is considered bad form to celebrate "whiteness". Keep in mind that blacks celebrate their "black" culture quite often, but they are not out there saying that whites can't do the same. It is whites who think that we should not do this. Celebrating ethnic and racial heritage is perfectly normal. Subjugating another race based on your belief of superiority is what is wrong. Blacks probably think that we are crazy for this behavior by the way.

I'm not sure "White" is really a race.

I'm not sure "Black" is really a race.

Effectually that is segregation on skin colour.

I am Tyrolian pure bred. It is not a nationality though it is a "white" race.

I have not had difficulties with this. It simply describes my heritage.

A friend of mine hates. "Mexican" a Nationality. but prefers Nahuatl. A racial heritage.

I think too much has become confused here.

I am not proud of most of the "White races" It is not my heritage.

Unless you take it in context of history you are right it makes no sense. But since whites formerly held black people in slavery it stands to reason that white people parading around about how great the race is would bother some people LOL.

Because white people are brainwashed to feel guilty for events they themselves had nothing to do with. It's insecure minorities like some of the people here who feel threatened by strong secure non-racist white people. Never be ashamed of who you are. Let these cowards hide behind their empty words and racist attitudes. They will be dealt with.