Air America Bankrupted by George?

Air America filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy October 13, 2006. They vow to valiantly remain on the airwaves in case somebody accidentally tunes in, but I fear it’s only a matter of time before they hang up their microphones for good. It is truly a sad day for Free Speech in this country. Air America was a vital educational resource, so it should have been completely taxpayer-funded instead of forced to compete for listeners on the open market. Once again, the GOP has used capitalism to silence the lone liberal voice in the conservative-dominated radio wilderness. Who was really responsible for Air America's downfall? George Bush? The GOP Machine? Mark Foley?

Yes - this is sarcasm!

• Curt
    Favorite Answer

It's capitalism. Air America delivered a defective product and the people have spoken. the system of free speech works, even if no one listens.

In a world with thousands of successful private radio staions and programs, what possible need is there for tax dollars to be squandered on something people do not want to hear?

The freedom to speak does not mean you have a right to be heard. I still have freedom not to listen.

Source(s): Clear definitions.
  • Eric R

Are you daft!!??

They will shut down because they are not worth listening too. They stood on the wrong side of nearly EVERY ISSUE. I used to listen to them every once in a long while when I was depressed. That used to cheer me up pretty quick! I mean, I could have had it worse... I could have been one of them!

Educational resource? What, for the SCHOOL OF THE POLITICALLY INSANE? Taxes should NEVER be used for anything so empty as Air America. I wouldn't pay $1.00 for an empty bottle of water as there is nothing for it to offer me. Same thing goes for Air America. Last time I heard, most radio stations take donations. Use your own damn money. Stop trying to take all of ours! There are plenty of rich liberals out there. Heck, they were the ones to keep it going for so long.

Finally, lack of intelligence by Air America's broadcasters & listeners was responsible for the downfall of Air America.

Source(s): I understand the sarcasm, yet this was still fun to write! Thx for the pts!

Watch this -- I'm going to give you credit enough that you are kidding and just being sarcastic. But I would like you to EDIT* and DECLARE if you are kidding or serious. Then, and only then will I continue. RSVP

EDIT* LMAO Thank you. For a minute there I thought we had a complete wacko on here. Then again, we do. But it's not you. Just one look at the questions posted on a daily basis shows how some are so misled. But, a note of encouragement. The liberals aren't even arguing the issues anymore(on Y/A). Not that they ever did on a wide scale. But just look at the questions in the past couple days. They're sinking to what is left-over. Magical conspiracies, LaLa land theories, and the old, oh so old, 'let's blame everything on Bush' tactics.

This just in... . .. . .. There has been a new decision handed down only moments ago. . .. . . . .. . .

NO REAL MAN SHALL VOTE FOR A DEMOCRAT .. .. MAN LAW #9

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN...SO LET IT BE DONE !!!

Of course it is sarcasm....

And it is hilarious....

Al Fraken should do another movie and put all the proceeds to the company.. oh wait he isn't a big draw at the movies either...

I guess when people are looking for news they don't go to an out of work actor.....

By the way, Dems want their news in bumper sticker format..

IE. "No blood for oil" that is what they like to hear on the news.. nothing in depth or that is backed with facts.....'

That is why Air America went belly up...

Air America is responsible for their own downfall. They tried to enter a market with the wrong intentions. Rather than being relevant, giving people something they want to hear and making a profit the tried to influence political events. They sucked from day one.

George Bush hit the failure button for Air America

Much like he hit the hurricane button for Katrina

I bet some liberals actually believe that

It must be another of those "right-wing conspiracies" that always seem to account for the miserable failure of blatant left-wing inspired projects. It was a car wreck waiting to happen. As usual, the liberals have an inflated view of their importance and popularity.

Karl Rove, Halliburton, and Neocons (whoever they are) are responsible. They have total control of everything, which is quite a feat considering that the leftists have branded them idiots.

I have to add that NPR is a far left radio but it has enough decent reporting that I sometimes tune in, but it is NOT neutral.

its goerge W Bush of course, havent you read about it on the net yet. you know if you can find a single websight to agree with you it must be true, I found one that shows a picture of bush nailing christ to the cross so that must be true to, since it was on the internet.

Air America went bankrupt because they had no listeners. AS THEY ADMITTED.

Even the democrats wouldn't listen to their wild Hate-America ravings.

You are correct, they couldn't compete. \

And the only thing that could haved saved them was to be given millions and millions of tax dollars.

Very good satire. Thank you.