Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

how bad is acid for the body im talking about the type of acid you take to trip?

my buddie is getting into it pretty bad and i want him to know everything about the drug.

Favorite Answer

Well ask your parents, if they said it's bad, it probably is.

I can speak from experience; Run from it as fast as you can go!! One may trip many times and never have a bad trip, but once you ever do, you may not come back from it. I know many people who totally messed up their lives with that stuff. I don't think its the body one has to worry about, as much as it is the mind. Many people have took a trip and never came back!!! I mean truly NEVER came back mentally. They totally lost their sanity, and ended up in a mental institution. What ever you do, don't take that crap, if you care for your friend, you will do everything you can to get them off the stuff. Oh it makes you feel wonderful and there is nothing like it in the world, but take the bad trip and gamble on being put away for life. Many people cannot handle the stuff, and there is no way of knowing who they are. I wouldn't tell you this IF it wasn't true. Good Luck!!!

Not as bad for the body as it is for the mind, but essentially when you take acid you are poisoning yourself with strychnine. Strychnine causes muscular convulsions and eventually asphyxia or sheer exhaustion. Strychnine poisoning can be fatal to humans, and can be introduced to the body by inhalation, swallowing or absorption through eyes or mouth. It produces some of the best-known, most dramatic, terrifying, and painful symptoms imaginable. For this reason, strychnine poisoning is often used in literature and film.

Ten to twenty minutes after exposure, the body's muscles begin to spasm, starting with the head and neck. The spasms then spread to every muscle in the body, with nearly continuous convulsions, and get worse at the slightest stimulus. They progress, increasing in intensity and frequency until the backbone arches continually. Death comes from asphyxiation caused by paralysis of the brain's breathing apparatus, or by exhaustion from the convulsions. At that time, the body "freezes," even in the middle of a convulsion. Rigor mortis sets in immediately, with the eyes left wide open. I don't know what this all means, but it sounds pretty bad.

Source(s): Wikipedia

If I remember my drug correctly...

Acid never leaves the body. It gets stored in the fatty tissue somewhere. The bad thing is that if you loose weight that fatty layer will re-release the acid and you can have a "flash back". Definitely a bad thing if you are driving on the freeway somewhere.

Again, if I remember drug stuff correctly

Send him the following web adress:

www.erowid.com

this explains the chemical, physical, pychological effects and more for every recreational drug. It also has pictures of the drugs in question, first hand accounts from people with experience, scientific articles on every drug and more.

Acid will be listed as a chemical, and as LSD

WE ARE DOCTORS. & we actually help out people who take lots of acid and get them better. We want lots of money, well just a little at first.. then we will fix him and send him back to the streets, theres a bad batch of acid going around, you might really need us, its on its way from...New Jersey, you need to get to Rhode Island as quick as you can, to avoid a major pandemic.. Like we said just a little money up front, but a lot more later on, especially if we cure a disease or some sh!t, right?

Signed

Dr Johnson &

Dr Jenkins CPL MD 232/SJP

Source(s): We have our own magazine... its called Heaven Todays weather in heaven, partly cloudy Take care ! LITTLE LOVES

It depends on if it's real LSD or just something that somebody cooked up in their bathtub.

LSD is good for you. It allows one to experience the flow of time with truly unique perceptions. The intertwined dimensions we call consciousness begin to unravel slightly.

Have no fear.(It makes for a bad trip)

Source(s): For me.

well first of all any drug is really bad for you . but i have heard acid can make you have trips after the fact, days later. thats kind of scary to me. your friend needs medical help, if he's addicted...

it can really f**k your brain up! I took my fair share in high school and I'm fine, but some people I know are lost. Drugs of any kind aren't all that good for you.

P.S I didn't know people still did LSD???

any drug is not good for you...but this type of drug is especially bad for not only our body but your mind as well...ask him to stop and please don't you