Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

should all muslims try to live according to Sharia ?

No matter where in the world you live ?

There is no "terrorist" one. Sharia is a peaceful and positive law.

Favorite Answer

Definately! Just because you may not live in a Muslim country doesn't mean you should give into the temptations in a non Muslim country. Just think of the rewards from God!

Well I would say no. You can't always obey sharia law because your governments laws will oppose it. Also I think some of the aspects of sharia law need to be adapted as they cannot be carried out in modern life. If we were to cut all thiefs hands off in Britain then like 1 in 20 people would have missing hands. So once again no.

Which interpretation of Sharia law?

The terrorists' interpretation or the other less violent one?

Edit:

So the not-violent interpretation it is then... isnt that what Muslims are supposed to live in the first place?

unfortunately when the word Shariah law is brought up people automatically think stoning to death or beheading. ignorance is bliss.

they dont know that it's HUGE and covers EVERY aspect of human relation like marriage, divorce, inheritance and many other issues.

no. sharia sucks.... if you gonna follow that you may aswell kill yourself and go to hell. that way at least there will be less torture for the women!

• Spud55

No, they should live according to Miss Cleo.

Or should they try making up their own mind?

Just a thought. (Sorry, am I allowed to have those, or should I just blindly believe?)

• Regina

yes ........... i live in bosnia&herzegovina for example and i'm doing my best to live according to islamic rules

I didn't know Shakira is Muslim.