Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

mkg123321 asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

tips for surviving caffeine withdrawal and quitting coffee?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

As others have said have aspirin and lots of water. Take it slow I personally was a pot and a half person but in the last couple of months I have taken it down to 1 cup a day 3 - 5 times a week. Have patients and go slow, good luck.

• jodie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Try switching to decaffeinated. Drink regular coffee but try each day to drink more decaf or even mixing the two. Gradually ween yourself off over a short period. You will experience some headaches so keep some aspirin handy.

• 1 decade ago

Gradually reduce the number of cups you drink in a day, replacing them with fruit drinks and water. Also be sure to have some Tylenol handy, since withdrawal with give you headaches.

• Keep a bottle of asprin handy and drink ALOT of water.

Quitting coffee hurts.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

i would start by half-ing what you usually drink. then in a day or two, half that if you can (i dont know what your starting point is, sorry). lots of water, maybe some decaf (it has a little in it still) and some fruit. the sugar will help a little. apples are really good.

and yes, tell everyone around you so they dont think you're just nnuts

• 1 decade ago

No Way for quiting or living with out CAFFEINE. & the best drink ever invented COFFEE.

• Jessi
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

start by cutting back on what you drink...then switch over to decafe....take asprin when you decide to stop completely as caffeine withdrawals are a *itch.....been there

• 1 decade ago

I admit its hard... I end up switching to low-fat hot chocolate instead and then gradually drinking more juice & water. Also when I workout... I am more likely to drink more water.

• 1 decade ago

You may not want to quit cold turkey. Slowly ween yourself off of it. Drink lots and lots of water while you're at it.

• 1 decade ago

aspirin, water, try some decaff maybe? Just to wean yourself off. Oh and warn everyone around you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.