Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How could I watch a film bought in America in a laptop bought in Spain. Is there any software for this?

It looks like systems vary depending on the geographical area. I have tried to change the menu provided by windows, but the computer says that "only the administrator can change the geographical area". I would like to know if there is any software I could download from the internet, or if there is any other solution I could try. Many thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I guess you are trying to play a DVD b'cos only in that case you face this issues. This is done to prevent DVD piracy. You can use something like power DVD or the windows media player 11 but there is a regionalisation option in which you need to select the default country.

It happens a lot of times that lot of DVD's wont play saying that there is a regionalisation mismatch and the most strange thing about this is that you can only change it 5 times.

• 1 decade ago

Hi!

I presume this is a DVD. DVDs are split into geographical areas... 9 of them. Spain. as the entire Europe, is located in one area. USA is in another area. The DVD might not play since the areas ar not the same...

Try using ASSUS DVD player... it might work :)

Good luck!

• 1 decade ago

Pls check the System type and name and search for it on the net to get adequet info

• Download DVDShrink, make a security copy of the DVD with it and play it, it will work for sure.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think you have to change like, the region or something. maybe you just have to get a laptop from spain?

• Jack
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

AnyDVD.........You can change the regonal code.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.