Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Does anyone have DISH TV??

I am wondering if anybody on here has dish tv and could answer a question for me. Is it possible to be watching one channel while recording another? I have been trying to do this and can't figure it out. I know that I can watch something that I have recorded while I am recording something else. If you know how to do this could you please tell me how to do it???

Favorite Answer

Hello!

I have Dish Network & the only way to watch something & record at the same time is if you either:

A. Have 2 tv's hooked up to your dvr--this way one can be recording & you could be watching the other.

B. You can watch your already recorded dvr's & record at the same time.

I have DISH and am able to watch one show and record another via their built in hard drive digital recorder. I just program it to record a given program and then can watch a different show. The TIVO service would allow you to do the same thing.

do you have a dish dvr receiver?

DVR -digital video recorder it will say that on the box

If you dont you cant

if you do you should also have a book with it.

push record button

make shure it is recording in the other room

the other room tv must be hooked to dish service

You can't perform this task. unless you are recording a show on DISH TV and watching other show on LOCAL TV

I have Direct TV but it shoild work the same.....you need to buy the TiVo receiver and it works just like you need.

You have to have a second TV hooked up. It is a bot of a pain.