What are your thoughts on Micheal J Fox campaigning with democrats for support for stem cell research?

Many conservatives like Rush Limbaugh have said some very hateful things about his condition.....I am personally all for stem cell research...it could save countless lives....

What are your thoughts on Rush Limbaugh....this guy is as Radical as Ann Coulter.....

Favorite Answer

I am supposed to be a lady so I will not write what my thought are on Rush and Ann. Micheal J Fox has a good reason for being on TV campaigning for stem cell research, his life may depend on it.

Those that do not live with conditions or have some family member who is living with a disease I would not take anything that someone like I just described seriously I also do not take the words of ultra Conservatives with anything other than a grain of sand this is coming from someone in the health care field who Micheal J Fox campaigns with or for is only his business and no body else's stem cell research has come so far and still has far to go the same people that are criticizing Micheal Fox also criticized Christopher Reeves for this very issue

Ann Coulter, as has been suggested, is not a female hitler or a radical. She is an American who has as much right to express her views as Micheal J. Fox (who is Canadian, not American as he claims) has to quit taking his medications to make his symptoms more visible, and then get on TV to make his statements about embryonic stem cell research (he has admitted publicly that he does this kind of thing). Rush Limbaugh is not radical either. All he did was respond to an open attack by democrats, which quite honestly was flawed and full of lies.

As a person who has 3 grandparents suffering from Parkinson's Disease, I support any research EXCEPT for embryonic stem cell research in the search for a cure. There is way to much research that says adult stem cell research is much more successful, and shows much more promise than does embryonic stem cell research.

What this is, is a push for corporate welfare. Pharmaceutical companies want this paid for by the government instead of funding for themselves. Pure and simple. I also thought the democrats were against corporate welfare. I guess they lied again.

• Ynot!

Anyone who calls rush Limbaugh radical I will guarantee have never listen to him but are going on hearsay as for Micheal J Fox he has a right to campaign for any one he wants but why play on people emotions and stop taking your medication as for Embryonic stem cell research the government doe not prevent it they just don't fund it the private sector does research because they will make the profit from any breakthrough so far I have not figure what the fuss is all about.

Limbaugh can go to hell. Fox has a perspective and a stake in this debate that most people don't have. The reason he's stumping for democrats is because the republicans have been hostile to the idea or stem cell research. Limbaugh is a political animal thus he assumes that everyone thinks in the same narrow minded terms as he does.

Michael J. Fox has the right to campaign for whomever and whatever he chooses. He has a dreadful disease and I have empathy for him. However, I don't agree with him just because he is well-known and loved. I do not believe in taking a life to save a life.

As for Rush Limbaugh, he's just too loud and brash for my liking. He has some good ideas but his delivery puts me off.

Rush said nothing radical. All he said was that if you enter the political areana you can be criticized. He offered legitimate criticisms of Fox by showing that the claims he made in his commercial were not backed by scientific data, and that those who endorsed his statements were endorsing a lie.

If refuting bad science is being mean, I would rather people be mean. Embrionic stem cell research has no proven gains. It is all theory. Adult stem cell use and Unbylical stem cell use both have solid gains. Any money spent is better applied to these twwo fields. They are less morally ambigious. Once you master these fields, the heuristic value of said research will guide one better in the search to master Embionic stem cell use. People should let science, and not emotion, guide them on this issue.

Did you know that Fox delibertly refuses to take his Meds when he is going to speak out in favor of Embrionic stem research? That means he knows emotion, rather than reason, is his only real weapon.

He is not campaigning for stem cell research. That is already being done. He is campaigning for FEDERAL FUNDING for EMBRYONIC STEM CELL research. There is a huge difference there. Some points, and why MJ Fox is either lying or uninformed.

1. Stem cell research is currently being funded by the federal governemnt. Embryonic stem cells have only ever caused tumors in the lab. Cord blood and adult stem cells hold much more promise, and they are being funded.

2. Embryonic stem cell research is not illegal. It just isn't getting money from the federal government. In fact, there is a good deal of research out there being done on it. But like I said, most are focusing on cord blood and adult stem cell research, because it is more promising and doesn't involve the intermediate step of cloning, which is where most of the problems occur.

As for Rush, he was simply commenting on something Michael J. Fox himself said. Rush suggested that Fox didn't take his medication before he made that commercial so that his condition would look worse than it is. Rush didn't just make that up. Fox said that every time he appeared before Congress or in public to promote embryonic stem cell funding, he would stop taking his medication so he'd look as pitiful as possible. It's in his book.

• ?

I too am all for stem cell research. It can save many lives. Naturally like anything that has the potential to do so much good...it has a great potential to be abused by the sophisticated criminal also, so it will have to be stringently regulated.

Rush Limbaugh is way too radical ....just a waste of air and space.

What Limbaugh said was wrong, and the guy should apologize.

As for Federal Funding for stem cell research... I don't think that it should be done. If private places put money towards it, that is their business.

And while I love MJF as an actor (Grew up watching BTTF), he's a Canadian. He should worry about his own country's politics.