help w/ flute?

i have been having problems w/ playing my music fast i just cant get my fingers moving fast enough to play the piece i need to. when i do try to play the music fast it sounds sloppy and i mess up and i get soooo frustrated b/c i've practiced the music so many times and im isck and tired of it. can anyone give me advice on how to make my fingers move quicker so i can play the piece?

Favorite Answer

try beraking the piece down by phrase, then practice each phase, getting faster and faster, then, once you've got each phrase up to speed link them together.

Try doing some finger exercises before you start playing. Then I agree with the answer above, break the music down into sections and practice the heck out of it until you remember it by heart, then move on to the next piece of music slowly. Good luck!

Source(s): I was a flute player myself

Along with the other advice given, keep your fingers closer to the pads. I remember when I first started playing the flute I would take my finger far away after each note. Does that make sense? Plus it just takes practice, practice, practice. Good luck!

you do no longer inevitably ought to apply a song extremely with flute in it. you will discover the sheet music to any song, and the vocal line would properly be performed on flute (it would ought to be taken up an octave, nevertheless)

This one time in band camp....lol, sorry I had to do it!