CP

My daughter is 15 (will be 16 in May). What can she do to earn more money? She already does babysitting?

Favorite Answer

Resturarant work, life guard for the summer, try the library she could become a page and shelves books, if she's lucky enough perhaps she could work in the children's department and help with storytimes (that's what I did, and it was the perfect afterschool job.) Also perhaps some place in the mall. There is plenty of jobs for a 16 year old.

In some states she can get a work permit at 15 if the family is in need. Otherwise if she is a good student she should see her guidance counsler about tutoring other students in her school. Also she could offer to help the ederly or others as an assistant and help them with all sorts of different things. Example would be a personal shopper or write letters or maybe even read to them. Just some quick thoughts. Good Luck

My first job, other than babysitting at 15 yrs, was a telemarketing job. I'm not sure of the legal age requirements, but I hear that McDonald's is a great place to start, and if she sticks with it long enough (even a year) it looks great on a resume. :)

Good luck

news paper rounds? She could also write to local businesses such as restaurants and fish and chip shops as they may have some cash in hand jobs or will keep her in mind until she is 16. The only other thing she can do until she can legally earn a wage is to reduce spending and save.

I had a friend in school who called all the local beauty salons to see if they were hiring someone to make appts and answer phones on the weekends. Also if you have a local nursing home or convent she may be able to wash dishes there. Not sure on the laws in your area for employment.

clean around the house wash the cars moaw the lawn pick up trash.......

• J D

Here is a hint "Would you like ketchup for your fries"

you could always become and AVON representative and let her do the selling, that would work!!

Legally,that's about it