Evolution is both a theory and a fact.?

Once again I feel the need to clarify a creationist myth. First let's be clear that biological change in the genetic characteristics of species over time is an indisputed fact observed daily ibn laboratories so evolution occurs without question. The evidence for historical evolution comes from an extensive... show more Once again I feel the need to clarify a creationist myth. First let's be clear that biological change in the genetic characteristics of species over time is an indisputed fact observed daily ibn laboratories so evolution occurs without question. The evidence for historical evolution comes from an extensive fossil record and genetic similarities between species-it can't be disputed. The "theory" of evolution is only the structure of ideas explaining the mechanisms involved in evolution so Darwinism is a theory of evolution because it deals with a mechanism-natural selection. I hope this clarifies the confusion and shows that evolution is a fact and a theory, although of course I recognise that creationists aren't generally remotely interested in truths like that.
Update: Tofu Jesus, Fact in the scientific sense means "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional consent." (S.J. Gould). Given the wealth of fossil evidence, physiological similarities between species, and the fact that it is observed occuring in laboratories, do you not agree... show more Tofu Jesus,
Fact in the scientific sense means "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional consent." (S.J. Gould). Given the wealth of fossil evidence, physiological similarities between species, and the fact that it is observed occuring in laboratories, do you not agree that it would be perverse to deny the fact that evolution occurs?
Update 2: free enquiry 1965,
I've been debating them long enough to know that I can't change their views but I don't see why we should concede anything to them and let them freely promote their perverse ideology.
Update 3: kentgru, There are over 5 million species of animal in the world at any given time-if we only found one human fossil it would mean nothing. We have thousands of fossils from other species showing evolutionary change and if it's happening to other species it must also be happening to humans. Your argument is... show more kentgru,
There are over 5 million species of animal in the world at any given time-if we only found one human fossil it would mean nothing. We have thousands of fossils from other species showing evolutionary change and if it's happening to other species it must also be happening to humans. Your argument is just a typical creationist red herring.
Update 4: ronnysox60,
I'm sure of the weight of evidence supporting evolution-if it's wrong then there are literally hundreds of thousands of scientists who are misguided, deluded or prejudiced. I don't really believe that and be honest-neither do you.
Update 5: Imam Salim, Evolution is classed as a change in the genetic structure of any given species over time therefore clearly evolution does take place in laboratories because micro-organisms develop immunity to drugs and insects develop immunity to pesticides. That is small scale evolutionary change-that is all that is... show more Imam Salim,
Evolution is classed as a change in the genetic structure of any given species over time therefore clearly evolution does take place in laboratories because micro-organisms develop immunity to drugs and insects develop immunity to pesticides. That is small scale evolutionary change-that is all that is necessary because over millenia many small scale adaptations result in the evolution of new species.