Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

ejs asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is it normal to get a period 2 weeks and 2 days after a D&C? I bled lightly for 2 days after the D&C?

I heard that you are supposed to get your period 4 to 6 weeks later, so why has mine come so early? Normally my cycle is short: 23-26 days, but this seems weird. Does anyone have any clue about this? Is it a good or bad sign? What does it mean?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

:) This is just normal... after D&C you will usually have light menstruation that will last for 1-2 days. Then you can expect to have ur menstruation as early as 2 weeks from the day of ur D&C... But you have to check if the bleeding is normal or does it have a blod cloth in it... If in case ur bleeding is not normal check it with the doctor.,

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely normal. I had a D&C last year dure to a miscarriage.I bled the next day and it stopped. The doc said I would be getting my periods from that day till anytime within the next 6 weeks and I got it in 4 weeks.

• 1 decade ago

Don't worry but, check with your doctor that gave you the D&C, he/she is the one to get your answers from.

• 1 decade ago

no big problem, but u must consult u'r doctor, u may be sick

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.