ejs asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

Is it normal to get a period 2 weeks and 2 days after a D&C? I bled lightly for 2 days after the D&C?

I heard that you are supposed to get your period 4 to 6 weeks later, so why has mine come so early? Normally my cycle is short: 23-26 days, but this seems weird. Does anyone have any clue about this? Is it a good or bad sign? What does it mean?

Favorite Answer

:) This is just normal... after D&C you will usually have light menstruation that will last for 1-2 days. Then you can expect to have ur menstruation as early as 2 weeks from the day of ur D&C... But you have to check if the bleeding is normal or does it have a blod cloth in it... If in case ur bleeding is not normal check it with the doctor.,

Absolutely normal. I had a D&C last year dure to a miscarriage.I bled the next day and it stopped. The doc said I would be getting my periods from that day till anytime within the next 6 weeks and I got it in 4 weeks.

Don't worry but, check with your doctor that gave you the D&C, he/she is the one to get your answers from.

no big problem, but u must consult u'r doctor, u may be sick