Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How can I stop spam mail I get it every day it goes into another box ok but it is a neusance?

I get about 10 a day

Favorite Answer

10 a day is quite a small number. Once the spammers have a known valid address, you will keep getting them. I'm afraid that unless you have software which will make it look as though the mail has bounced, you have very little chance of stopping or reducing it.

Mailwasher is one such piece of software but it's only possible to use it if you have POP/SMTP access to your mailbox.

http://www.mailwasher.net/

Blocking the sender isn't very effective because spammers constantly change their ID.

NEVER EVER reply to a spam mail to 'remove' yourself from their list! This simply tells the spammer that your address is real! You will get MORE spam. Also, resist the temptation to even open spam mail. A lot of them contain markers which signal that a mail has been opened (and is therefore a valid address).

Typically, there should be a link or instructions within the spam message to remove yourself from their mailing list.

You'll either have to follow the link and manually unsubscribe yourself, or reply with a blank email or "unsubscribe" in the subject line.

Usually, it takes a few days to be removed from their mailing list.

If the spam doesn't have instructions (especially if it uses a randomized email) then all you can do is tune your spam filters.

If you have paid email client then you must speak to them to have proper filters. However 10 spams a day is way tooooo less I recv 50 - 70 spams a day.

1) NEVER follow the link to unsubscribe. They will not stop sending and you will be confirming your address.

2) No way. The only thing you can do is to direct it to a separate place and delete it.

Only 10 a day??? Don't complain, you're a VERY lucky person!

block the sender