Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i want to get into reall a sate ?

well not really like own some apartment complexs and house or store lots and rent them out ? any advise ? ooo yeah i am 16 too can i still do it ?

Update:

yeah but explain this ,

16 , got family that will sign for i am just trying to make sure i want get arrested ...

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Just go to your local community college and ask about their real estate classes (if they offer them).

If you are still attending high school the college might offer a high school students enrichment program with college credits.

In order to be a realtor you might need a license after completing the required courses.

By the way, I'm pretty sure that by the time you finish taking the required real estate classes you'll be already 18 years old.

Source(s): I work in a community college in CA
  • 1 decade ago

Well I believe You need to check with your Jr colleges, community resources. Real Estate education is relatively short & you have many oppurtunities to test for licensing. Working in Real Estate is the best way to find the best deals. yur only 16 so I would reccomend you open a small line of credit somewhere (jewelry store...cell phone) to create good credit and Work Work Work.... You have to have big money to put down and a great work history to own even the smallest property!!!

Good luck in your endeavors!!

You won't get arrested as long as you are honest.. NO FRAUD!!

• 1 decade ago

The main problem you are facing is that unless you are an emancipated juvenile, you cannot enter into a legally binding contract. This is because any contract you enter into as a minor can be voided by you. This means that no one would be able to enforce a contract that you sign.

My advice, study, research what you want to do, and when you turn 18 go for it.

• dcgirl
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

You should probably learn to spell "real estate", "complexes" and "won't" before you enter into any major financial transactions. No offense or anything but if you can't spell, you can't write a proper contract or lease, and probably can't do the complicated math involved in setting rents, balancing the books, etc. Stay in school.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In US business law u must be at least 18 to be able to form a legal contract so no u cant do it now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.