Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Gay bars/ clubs in NYC?

Any suggestions on fun gay bars/ clubs in NYC?

The wilder the better

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oh my god. NYC is only like the 'gayest' place on Earth. Strangely, its even more gay than San Francisco.

If you're really looking for 'wild' then you should consider 'private parties' instead of traditional clubs. Find one of the local gay magazines which are all over any bar on Christopher Street and look in the back of them where they list phone numbers to call to find out where the venue is at for a particular event during a particular night.

There's one for every conceivable taste and/or experience level. Many of them require you to prove your 'fitness' for the particular event, so be prepared.

Both the Eagle and the Limelight are cool enough for hanging out and/or drinking. But really, if you're looking for that extra something, you should find a cool group to hang with more intimately.

• 1 decade ago

There is a place in the Village on Columbus Street called Chicos, Cheetahs, or something like that. The title of the place starts with a C. Everytime I go to NY no matter the season it's always jumpin. It's only one or two doors down from the Columbus Path Train Station. Where you see a large amount of fine azz gay men standing around you can't miss it. If that doesn't suit your fancy go to the village and try a shop or two and ask someone. People are friendly and will point you in the right direction to some cool places. Rainbow pride all the way. Wink Wink.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Any gay clubs near the Empire State Building?

• jrayhp
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

You have got to be joking, right?

You are in NYC and have to come to Yahoo Answers to find a gay club...what is the world coming to?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

La escuelita on 38th Street between 8th & 9th Avenue.

• 1 decade ago

The Eagle or Limelight.

• 1 decade ago

go to the Lime Light, Awesome call first because some nights it's Straight

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I personally like New York Pork. It's somewhere in Manhattan (can't remember where), and they have a "back room" if you know what I mean.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.