Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

JV asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 1 decade ago

fantasy football - prior email address shutdown; relink to new account?

i was previously registered in a fantasy football league with an email address that has since been terminated (i shutdown my dsl service thru sbc), e.g. joe_smith@sbcglobal.net. I have opened a new yahoo account, e.g. j_smith@yahoo.com. How do regain access to my team or relink the team to the new user id? I am the commish as well and it seems there are no tools - i can see the old email address but cannot change to the new. pls help

Favorite Answer

Which fantasy service are you using?

Are you able to log into the service? I'm guessing you can if you can see the old email address (you shouldn't be able to see that if you can't access the team). You don't need the email account unless you're saying you can't remember the password to your team.

I think you need to put more details. Sorry.

If you can log in...

Yahoo: go to the My Team page.Click Edit Team Info. Scroll down to your email address and click "change" right next to the label for "Your preferred email address."

NFL: Log in, go to the Options tab. Select Personal. Type in the new address. Click Save.

• GO 2 YAHOO.COM AND LOG IN,THEN GO 2

MY ACCOUNT AND CHANGE WHAT NEEDS TO B CHANGED