I am looking for an online English to Latin translator that works and is for free?

Favorite Answer

The key to your question is the "that works" part. You can find an online translator for free - many of them, in fact - but you get what you pay for. They do not actually translate into Latin. They just give you Latin words with meanings similar to what you typed in. They can't tell the difference between a noun and a verb, and they do not conjugate the verbs or decline the nouns. What you actually get is a mishmash of garbled words, and sometimes it just gives the English word right back to you if it can't find it. You would be best off posting the Latin and having a real person do it for you. Or you can contact me.

Source(s): BA Classics

I was looking for this yesterday, couldn't find one. Most of the sites people give you either won't translate Latin or only translate one word at a time and who has time to do that?!

I looked a Biltzlatin (at least it was called something like that) which was a free download but the translations were very, very inaccurate. You'd be best off finding someone who can understand latin and asking for a favour.

there really aren't any good online latin translators because latin is too "complicated" for most people to write a program that can handle 30 cases and 4(there may be more) declensions. the best thing you can do is LEARN IT.

Type '' free latin english translator '' In a search engine and see what you get !!!!

I can be your free translator, I can translate into Portuguese and interpret in Spanish but I do not write in Spanish.

govindadas19@yahoo.co.uk

They didn't have gadgets like that in the times of Ancient Rome

I believe there's a site called translator.com

or try epals.com

babble fish!! http://babelfish.altavista.com/

best one ive ever found!! and its free!