my bf bought me an engagement ring, it turns my fingers green. why?

he said its because he dropped it into the yard a few times by accident and thats why. what do you think?

Favorite Answer

Are you related to The What Should I Do Retard?

Exactly - check the karat - Some people have sweat with high acidity levels. Likely, it has a lot of mixer mineral or is a fake.

But if he's telling the truth, then you would have noticed this 'green ring' problem before with mixed nickel or copper jewelry.

If he's honest, though, and someone you'd actually want to marry, then you should just ask HIM.

Honestly, if you're having honesty issues already with the engagement ring, green fingers may be the least of your problems.

Source(s): my mother always said...
  • .

First you want to ask out a 20 year old fry cook so you can play bingo and now you have a bf that bought you an engagement ring? Whats wrong with this picture?

I don't think it is copper, it might be brass. However, some people are allergic to gold and I have know those who have green fingers from it.

The best thing is to take it to a jeweler or pawn shop to see if it is real. The jeweler will tell by looking, the pawnshop will put a small scratch on it and touch it with chemicals.

Don't be dismayed by the answers from these unfeeling nincompoops, Ethel. You're a beautiful woman and I'm sure your BF wants to do the right thing by you. If your finger turned green, it can all be logically explained. Now go find that boyfriend and buy him something nice in return, like a new car.

Source(s): my pea brain

It's fake gold. Come on do you really believe his excuse. As if dropping it in the dirt is going to make your finger turn green. Men are just the biggest liers & apparantly yours cant even come up with a good lie.

its an indication that the ring is not real gold

tell him to put it back in the yard where he drop it and get a real engagement ring

The band of the ring probably contains copper, and if it's improperly sealed and comes into contact with the oils on your skin, it will oxidize and leave green deposits on your skin.

Sorry girl. He is a liar. The ring is fake and the excuse is pathetic. He was not coned, he knew exactly what he was buying

The ring is probably fake. Your bf probably just didn't have enough money to buy a real one.

not trying to defend him at all, but sometimes people are allergic to some kinds of gold..ARE YOU?

bring the ring to a reputable jeweler and ask him what carrot gold it is...then you WILL know what it is for sure..most will look at it for free.

good luck

smile