Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why does the U.S. government ignore Sudan/Darfur?

Update:

Ruth - I do not and will not pretend to know the extent of the circumstances there. But could we not send a protectionist force or some sort of humanitarian aid to those that are being slaughtered?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Dear , we in Sudan prefere that US ignore Sudan/Darfur whcih infact do not do it any way, there is a bright fact that US and French r messing the situation there not only for oil which found and discovered with huge quantities which will be a good resreve for nearly coming 100years as the american oil companies reports which was doing intelegency business beside there work in oil exploring, that was since early 1980's. beside the oil there is many sources of power and energy such like URANIUM which was also discovered since that time by the american oil companies and kept secretly since that then,what has changed that the sudanese government hired chinese and asian oil companies which re discovered all the buried wealth (oil , uranium, gold, other mineral usefulll resources) then the problem started which of course by the american governemet to create a very good excuse to occupy the land of the wealth and power "DARFUR" even if it will cost the lives of all the poor human beings in DARFUR. for all that please please leave us alone, dont even courage the US to invade our virgin innocent land, enough what US done in iraq , afghanistan and what the done already in DARFUR.

Source(s): The American& French Oil companies worked in darfur since 1970s upto mid 1980s is CHEVRON OIL, AMERICAN CANADIAN OIL ALLIES,SHELL, TOTAL , u can check their records through the web or any other sources from the american libararies for more details , also please check when DARFUR WAR started and compare it with the exit dates of those forign oil companies
  • 1 decade ago

It's all about special interests. The reason we're in the middle east is, quites simply - OIL. If Sudan or Darfur had OIL - we'd be there in a heartbeat. However, they don't - so, basically, our government doesn't give a ****!

I, for one, think we should use our military to quell the violence, establish a democracy, and set up immediate humanitarian aid. I think it's awful that those children over there have to go through that, and simply die a slow, painful death, just so that some warlord can take over a region of the country and flush out the religion that he does not belong to. It's genocide in the purest form, and America wants nothing to do with it.

Now, if all of the Darfur/Sudanese people would suddenly convert to Judaism - we'd be right there!

• 1 decade ago

The arguement is two sided and two faced. Whenever you mention Sudan, people want to talk about how international matters such as that aren't our concern. These same people constantly attack Clinton for not intervening in Rwanda. Can't win from losing.

The reason, perhaps, that our govenment hasn't intervened wtih this is because they cannot gain anything in the conflict. Another possible reason is because the country is almost 100% *dark-skinned natives *. Albeit outstanding, I can already sense several attacks waiting for me for pulling the "race card", but it needs to be said.

Source(s): *African would be kind of a "duh" factor, seeing as Sudan is in Africa*
  • 1 decade ago

1. no oil

2. It is a country of black people . We have never fought on the behalf of a black country and we never will. This goes for Democrats as well . I am a Democrat but I am ashamed of Rwanda .

How sad is it we can go to the aid of Iraqis that did not have near the death toll and refugee as Sudan/Dafur but we treat Sudan/Darfur as if it is nothing.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

they never ignore Sudan/darfour but they still preparing for new big middle east after finishing lebnon guess sudan will be in there first job

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Where

Who

What's that

• 1 decade ago

Good freaking question. Sadly I do not have an answer.

• 1 decade ago

What do you think the US should be doing?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because theres no oil there ??

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.