The State of Maryland?

I know some people consider Maryland a southern state but the state of Maryland to me is a northern because it was in the unioun during the Civil War. Also today Maryland is part of the Mid-Atlantic not the south. Who agrees or not!

Favorite Answer

It's is a northern State even though parts of it are very close to Bull Run and Battle of Manassas in Northern Virginia.

Maryland is considered both part of the Northeast and the South. It is considered part of the South because it is below the Mason-Dixon Line, which separates it from Pennsylvania. I read that the Mason-Dixon Line was not intended to divide the North from the South. It was considered part of the South before Florida became a state.

It is considered part of the Northeast because it is on the D.C.-New York Corridor, and seems to have more in common with those states (high population density, politics, etc.). It is also geographically located above the mid-point of the East Coast between Maine and Florida.

Michigan State will slip past Maryland, and dominate Northern Iowa, then lose in a close game to Ohio State

I am from Maryland and the state is apart of the north at least now anyway. i agree with you but we must remember that no matter what state we are in are we are viewed as people ios what counts and how that state treats it's citizens.

Source(s): grew up in maryland now living in virginia a commonwealth state.

its midatlatic almost right at the mason dixon line . love the crabcakes . but the traffic is bad lol