Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 decade ago

Should an interview take place by the INS ? I have a 2 years valid Green Card by marriage . I've filled for

the Permanent G.Card by mail. I reseved a response to send proof of marriage in good faith documents (bills/lease..etc in both names). I send that too. Should that be enough to issue me the card by mail or should i expect a letter to present for an Interview ? Does anyone knows or had been through this & can give a constructive opinion ? Thanks

8 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    You do have to go in for second interview, once they have complied your new evidence, you will go in for removal of conditional status, and a ten year card will be sent in the mail. Its's esier to go for citizenship after three years, so you dont have to deal with renewing the card ech time and other benefits as well.

  • 1 decade ago

    From what I know, people go in for an interview at some point. It's usually pretty routine, unless they are suspicious that the marriage is just a scam so that you can get a green card. In that case, they can separate the husband and wife and ask very detailed questions to see if the responses that each of them give are both the same.

    Or, I guess if they suspect you could be a terrorist, they'd scrutinize you more closely.

    If you feel uneasy about your situation, consult an immigration attorney. He or she can review any paperwork you've submitted, and someone in the attorney's office can actually prepare any documents that need to be completed (though they'd get the information from you). If it's an attorney that specializes in that sort of thing, they'll be very familiar with the forms, and will know what sorts of errors people tend to make and can help you prepare everything correctly.

    Also, your attorney can go with you to the interview if it makes you feel better.

    Good luck.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    When I was in the process of getting my green card through marriage the last step was an interview of my husband and I in person at an INS office. Once that interview was complete he told me that I would be getting my green card - he gave me a stamp in my passport that passed as a temporary green card till the real one arrived in the mail a few weeks later. The entire green card process from start to finish took me about 8 months - and that was with absolutely no delays (INS never sent back any of my documentation or forms). Good luck to you.

    Source(s): Experience!
  • cegla
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    you may desire to report variety I-751 to do away with circumstances. You report this manner throughout the time of the ninety days till now the 2nd anniversary of the date you gained your conditional green card. once you report variety I-751, you are able to submit helping information merely such as you probably did with the unique petition. you will be authorized without an interview, or you may might desire to have yet another interview. additionally you are able to no longer report I-751 late except there is an extremely stable reason. USCIS might desire to get this manner till now the expiration date on your conditional green card.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Niecy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

    I think everyone has to go through an interview but I'm not sure. Check here:

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    You must also complete an interview. It is very important that you don't change addresses. If you do .... you must notify them of any address change to not miss your notice....If they lose a contact for you they will not try to find you and you will have to reapply.

  • ken y
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

    yes someone should take a look at you

    lets see if you look like a drugy or gang banger

  • Solo
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago "which should help you answer any questions." Hope this helps you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.