FEFERFE F asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

Who will the Yankees pick up in the offseason??

What Starters and relievers will they get? Do they trade A-Rod?? Thanks..

• ?
    Favorite Answer

The main focus had best be pitching. They have enough talent in the lineup for their own all star game.

I hope for a good lefty: Willis from the Marlins and for a righty(s), I am yet undecided.

I don't think Mussina will be back so there is a big need to be filled there.

What they do in the bullpen will be secondary to the starting pitching that they get. They need starters who can get out of the 5th inning. So players like Proctor and Farnsworth don't see as many innings that they did like last year. a few short relievers should be sufficient.

A-Rod: although it is nothing personal, for I feel that A-Rod is a great player, I am hoping that he leaves NY, I do not believe that the Yankees will initiate this but possibly A-Rod will leave on his own. Possibly to the Cubs. (this is rumor only)

Cano played third based in AAA ball so he could move over. Melky is a former second baseman, so there another need filled. I am not sure if they feel that there will be a need at first base though, for Giambi, I feel, is a horrible first baseman and Sheffield, will not be back and was not the answer for first base eiither. So if Giambi DH's only, who to play first base?

If A-Rod, Sheffield, Mussina, Pavano (the biggest joke of all), Wright (the 2 inning starter?) and Johnson (who I hope recovers from back surgery completely but retires) are no longer on the payroll, that frees up what? (25+11+19+8+8+16=87) approximately 87 million dollars!!! Lots of buying power there. It should be a very interesting off season

• Sandra

I'd rather have halladay than Lackey/holliday. Pitching wins championships. Look at how the Phillies got by? If it wasn't for Lee, they would've been swept and the Yankees would've celebrated in Philadelphia. The price for Halladay will be steep though. The yankees have more than enough talent they keep quiet. Especially on the infield. They have already gold glove caliber playing in tripple A with 300+ batting average and they all steal! I'd trade one prospect, melancon and #1 draft pick for Halladay + his salary. I like Lackey but Lackey is inconsistent. Halladay will just dominate anyone. Imagine this rotation for the 2010 World Series(if we get there again): CC Sebathia Game 1, Halladay Game 2, AJ Burnett Game 3 Andy Pettite Game 4. Bullpen: Robertson Phil Coke Marte Joba Hughes and the greatest of all time, Mariano Rivera. Jeter SS Damon(DH) Texeira 1B A-Rod 3B Posada C Cano 2B Xavier Nady LF Melky Cabrera RF Gardner CF

They will probably go in for Zito. They may trade A-Rod to the White Sox for say Garcia and Joe Crede. They wll also be in for Willis and Cabrera of the Marlins.

• Jim G

Hopefully more high quality players like Pavano and Wright so the Sox can finally win the division

I am hoping Zito and a few relievers....and if they do trade Arod to the Cubs...I wouldn't take anything less than Aramis Ramierez and Zambrano...but, they should hang on to Arod

Anyone that makes more than 10 million a year

• Js_5

I hope the Yankees are awful next season and for awhile. Yankees fans are spoiled and the worst fans in sports.

well they're hurting for pitching. the lineup is pretty solid but I don't think the chief will be back, and the big unit is old. hopefully they dont get anyone

Whatever they do, PLEASE get one or two good left-handed starters/relief pitchers... the lack of good left-handed pitching is what's kept us from advancing in the playoffs the last few years.

Jeter for MVP!!!

Source(s): Yankee fan since conception...
  • ?

any one they dam want to get .stenbrienner have some deep pocket