? asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

How do I get rid of Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx?

Today I was infected with this trojan and I have an updated version of Norton Antivirus running, but it didn't stop the virus to get in the system. When I ran full scan it said it removed the virus but there's a warning pop up here saying System Alert: Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx, type: Spyware/trojan... Please any help is appreciated!

WOW so many answers, thanks guys... I really appreciate it! I am going to try your suggestions...

Favorite Answer

Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx is considered to be one of a rogue antispyware. It displays false security pop-up warnings and icons on taskbar.

MANUAL REMOVAL:

1. Temporarily disable System Restore (Windows Me/XP). [how to]

2. Download Free Ewido Antispyware and save it to a desired location.

3. After downloading, browse where the file was saved and double click to install it.

4. After installation, connect to internet and download all necessary updates.

5. Download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) and save it to a desired location. This will be in ZIP File.

6. Extract all the files to your Desktop, it will create a folder SmitfraudFix

Note: When extracting or executing, some files might be detected as Potential Threat or Harmful Script. Please disable AntiVirus or Any Script Blocking Software temporarily. It may harm or make the Fix incomplete.

7. Reboot your computer in SafeMode [how to]

8. Run Ewido and do a thorough scan. Delete all infected files.

9. Close Ewido and other open Applications.

10. Browse the folder SmitfraudFix on your Desktop and double-click on smitfraudfix.cmd

11. "Enter your Choice: (1,2,3,4,L,Q):" Press no. 2 on your keyboard to select Option 2

12. Wait for the process to finish.

13. If prompted for: Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry? Press Y, as Yes

14. It will check if your wininet.dll file is damaged, if so it will ask you to Replace Infected File? Press Y as Yes and hit Enter

15. If it prompts you to Reboot your computer, Please do so.

16. In order to make sure that Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx is completely eliminated from your computer, carry out a full scan of your computer using Online Virus Scanner. Scan at least on three different scanners.

2

Source(s): #1 Antivirus For PC : http://moveantivirus.com/?xEhn

Hi there,

Trojan-Spy is a variant of the new Virus Burst infection. The best and easiest way to remove Trojan-Spy is by installing the Free Trial of Prevx1. This will scan your PC and remove this and any other infections free of charge.

Detailed Prevx Info on Trojan-Spy:

http://virusinfo.prevx.com/pxparall.asp?PXC=0f9037...

Detailed Prevx info on Virus Burst:

http://virusinfo.prevx.com/pxparall.asp?PXC=2e9649...

Prevx Homepage:

http://www.prevx.com/

You may have to manually delete it! You can go to start, search, files & folders, type the name in, hit search, and when it finds it delete it. Sometimes with trojans they do it so you can't delete it normally. Then you'll have to go into safe mode, find it again, and then delete it.

• I had the same problem...manual deletion did not work, I had to buy spyware doctor online...I downloaded it free from www.download.com then bought it to delete the problems...computer is perfect again!!

Go to "my computer" Icon & right click ,then go for properties & go to the computer name & change it then restart the PC.

go to cnet.com

Source(s): cnet