What type of spider is this?

No I did not get a picture but to discribe it as easily as possible....it was awful, YUCK! lol. It was probablly the size of a half dollar coin and a reddish orange color. It had markings similar to the zipper spiders I see everywhere but the markings were the same color as it was only in different shades. Fond a couple of pictures of spiders that looked similar but none like it and I have never seen one before. It worries me because my kids play out there and the web it was making stretched several feet...at least 3 to 4 feet. Please someone help me figure this out or point me in the direction of a site that might help me identify it. I live in South Caroline by the way. If that even helps.

Favorite Answer

ider "sounds like a " wood spider "

Freak Spider.

Aaaah. It sounds to me like the South Carolinan Child eating Spider. I would lock your children (or at least the ones you like) in the house immediately, and phone the army.

umm....i dont have a clue cause i am just a kid..................i live in south carolina too