When a guy says "lets be friends" does he mean buzz off or "I'd like to stay in contact"

I met a guy online, after a fair bit of chatting we met up a few times and I think that we got on pretty well. Lots of chatting, flirting, a bit of hevey petting. After a while he stopped emailing and calling me. I asked him what the story was, and I got the "lets be friends" line. Now does this mean, buzz of out of my life, or does it mean, lets met every now and then for a drink etc.

Favorite Answer

Don't call or IM him anymore. If he calls or contacts you he really wants to be friends. If he doesn't ..... well you know the answer.

Depends on what kind of guy he is, my interpretation is that he means buzz off, I could be wrong. He could be a great guy and want to meet up often, perhaps talk to him about it, tell him to be truthful so that you dont get hurt in the process.

Good Luck!

Most guys don't have the courage to risk overtly hurting a girl's feelings. So instead, they like to evade the issue by saying, "let's be friends." I'm sorry, but I'd have to say he's no longer interested. It's time to move on.

Not to be mean, but he probably wasn't satisfied with your appearance. The same thing happened to me a few times. I talk to girls for a while, and then i meet them and the look nothing like what they told me, because they tried to sugar-code the details.

I would take it as a sign to Buzz off pretty quick

• PS

Buzz off.

From a guy it likely means "I met a girl I want to date...hang on in case I want to sleep with you....or I decide I don't like her....then we can hang out"

but hey I'm cynical girl....

• ?

as clear as a mud it means buzz off....

Source(s): ....
  • punkin

it means let's be friends,you do know what being a friend is right ?

I means don't talk to me unless you want to sleep with me.