Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Is JJ Redick the white Kobe?

Is JJ Redick the white Kobe?

- both are hated by the majority of people

- both are considered cocky and arrogant

- both couldn't play for Team USA due to injuries

- both got in trouble with the law after having squeaky clean images (Redick's marijuana incident doesn't count)

- both arguably take a lot of bad shots

- when Redick was in college he was the best player and Kobe was the best player in the NBA

- both were taken mid first round

- Kobe is number 24, Redick is number 7, 24/7 (yin and yang??)

- both get a ton of publicity

- Kobe is Jordan's successor, and their jersey numbers are one number apart (24 and 23); JJ is Kobe's successor and his jersey number (7) is one number apart from Kobe's former jersey number (8)

- they are my two favorite players

That's some pretty damning evidence if you ask me. I think it's no question JJ is the white KB.

Additional Details

Oh yeah and both were McDonalds All Americans and Kobe has verbally stated he would have gone to Duke if he didn't go pro out of HS.

Favorite Answer

don't think so, reddick passes......

Those are some cool comparisons between them, but Redick is not a white Kobe. Maybe a white Ray Allen. Sorry man, but Redick is nothing like Kobe play wise. Redick relies on his shot and has some poor defense. Redick is not going to be a dominant player. Kobe, on the other hand, is probably the most dominant player. He can take over games and doesn't need to rely on his shot and he plays good defense. They're exactly opposite in their game and play. But you made some cool comparisons that I never thought of.

Not even close. Redick will be a role player rather than a #1 offensive option.

Hey! Thats an insult to the best player in the game,Kobe Bryant!

Last I checked J.J. has not raped anybody. Also J.J. went to college for 4 years, Kobe went to college 0 years. J.J. does not try to be somebody he is not. Kobe tries to be Michael Jordan. No teammates hated J.J., Shaq could not stand Kobe.

JJ Reddick Will never rape a woman.. But JJ will never be as good as Kobe..

why do you ask this question so much???

do you say anything about Reddicks running from the police and getting a DWI in Durham. or that he is a weed head and that he hasnt played in an NBA game yet.

he cant drive to the basket. he cant gurad anyone in the NBA.

he is a ***** like Kobe...

no way. Don't even put him in the same breath as Kobe.

I know redick personally and he is a jackass. But your right I think he is too.

Not a chance.

no jj cant dunk