bare minerals?

I have large pores and combination skin. I'm looking for something that will cover mild-moderate acne and make my red undertoned skin more even without clogging pores. Will Bare Minerals work? Is there anything cheaper that will work? Thank you!

Favorite Answer

Bare minerals does not cover up large poors, but is good with combinationskin. i've been using it awhile and love it. To shrink your poors, drink tons of water. Trust me, it's amazing how your poors shrink with enough fluid in your body. Although i'm a Bare minerals convert because of how natural it looks, I also swear by Lancome foundation for combination skin. Your pores look invisible. It's about 30 for a bottle of it. It will last about 3 or 4 months. Well worth the investment....and have them figure out the best color for you!

Hey i have similar skin.I have some large pores and i get frequent blemishes,and i am a faithful user of pro active for 4 years. I love the bare minerals line.I have been using them for a little over a year.They have specials,and to tell you the truth i spent $110.00 for the entire year and i still have alot left.Go to qvc to order they have good deals.You will need a package with 2 different base colors,so you can mix them to match your complextion,and the mineral veil,which gives you a flawlwss airbrushed look,you need a kubuki brush and a concealer brush(for full coverage on the acne)All that will cost you like 39.99 .It really works it's fast ,and easy.It doesn't make you look like your trying to hide acne it looks really nice,and vibrant. So it will end up costing way less then you probably spend now.Do not but the lipsticks,and liners,you can pick them up cheaper at the drug store. P.S do noy use mary kay products when you have oily skin,your askin for trouble.And you could do the microdermabrasion,but instead of buying a kit go to ebay and buy a micro-dremabrasion cloth for ten dollars,it comes with instructions and you use it once a week,Its a wash cloth made out of microfiber and it is just amazing,worth ten dollars lasts through 400 washs in the washer and you only need to wash it once a week. I hope i am helpfull,i have had problem skin my whole life,so i have tried everything so now i'm glad i can save other people money by telling you what works.

I have combination skin with occasional breakouts. This always looks odd since I also have atopic dermatitis and my skin flakes. I have been very pleased with the mineral make-ups. My skins appears healther and for the first time in my life, I receive constant compliments. No one says, your make-up is pretty but rather--you have such beautiful skin or beautiful skin coloring!

I tried a starter kit of Bare Minerals off QVC. I ended up ordering my kit from Everyday Minerals because 1) I needed to mix a golden tan and golden beige in the kit and Bare Minerals kits are set in stone (since my skin has golden undertones--why would I want a prepackaged neutral tone?); 2) Everyday Minerals is cheaper, has a range of foundations and I received blushes, eye shadows, etc. for the same price of BM; 3) I did not have to commit to any shipping plan. A natural result of letting me purchase what I want, when I want was I kept ordering different products when I found it really worked with my skin.

I just recommend ordered a quality brush set with your order and going for the intensive or semi-matte foundation from Everyday Minerals if you have combination skin. If you look closely on the page, they will sell samples of the 4 foundations to try. I spend less than five minutes on my make-up and wear more than I used to wear. I do use the Oil of Olay Regenerist skin products otherwise.

Jane Iredale pressed base is a mineral makeup. It works very well and many makeup artists use it and plastic surgeons recommend it. It was designed to cover redness from laser surgery of the face so it may work for you. It feels like you are wearing nothing at all on your face. If you think you need a little oil free foundation on your nose or something, pat a little on first, then let it dry (try Revlon ColorStay). One thing,the JI about $48 but it should last you about 6 mos. if you apply sparingly.

Everyday minerals is just like Bare Minerals except better. The company gives you free sample kits if you want to try them out. All you pay for is $3.37 for shipping. They give you three foundations in you choice of colors. A blush, and a concealer. They have a lot of shades and finishes for specific skin types. Go to everydayminerals.com to find out more.

Hi! I would first recommend that you use Mary Kay's Microdermabrasion Set. It will reduce your pores by removing the dead skin cells that form inside and around the outer edge of every pore. I would suggest an awesome new product, Mary Kay's Even Complexion Essence. It will even out your skin tone. I would recommend that you use a concealer, not knowing your skin color, I can't recommend the right shade, but if you go to www.marykay.com/vickileftwich, you can select a shade there. Lastly, please know that Mary Kay's products come with a 100% guarantee. If you don't like the product, you may get your money back.

that bare minerals works like a charme