Arizona vs Chicago game?

Why does everybody blame the offensive coordinator? The real problem I think was the special teams. Why wouldn't you make sure that Chicago doesn't score on a punt return? That really changed the game. If the Chicago offense had come on the field, Cardinals would have even been able to force a turnover.

Favorite Answer

I couldn't believe it at first. There has to be more to it because the offensive coordinator didn't do that bad of a job. The Bear's defense owned the fourth quarter and when they get going it doesn't matter if you are trying to throw the ball or run.

I agree with you in that the punt return was the key along with the missed field goal. I don't know how that comes back to bite the offensive coordinator in the behind.

I cannot imagine this was a knee-jerk reaction by Coach Greene. Although he was pretty much out of control after the game. That's why there has to be something else to it. With Leinart playing Arizona's offense has taken a step up. Pretty impressive for a rookie and I never was a fan of his.

Here is why-the Cardinals last drive of the game, Leinart was connecting almost every time on short routes, and hot routes. They were using 4-wide out sets so Chicago wouldn't blitz as much. It worked. Then they drive the ball down the field this way, and basically when they get to the 23-yard line, where FG's are considered an easy make, the offensive coordinator got super-conservative. Changed to a 2-tight end, 1-wide out set. What does this tell the Bears? That Arizona is going to run, and that's what they did. Of course the Bears then put 5 on the line and 3 LB's to jam the middle, and they stuffed Arizona. Arizona had plenty of time to try to get closer, and the offensive coordinator chose to lay flat on his back and rely on his kicker, while his offense was hot. Bad mistake, cost them the game, and his job.

Someone had to pay the price for blowing a 20 point lead. The kind of night Matt was having, they should have thrown the ball at little more. The running game was not working for them.

This is why teams like to run up the score on teams, to make sure they don't blow a good lead.

yea that punt was the turning point in that game . but they tried to run the ball and that's not how they jumped out to that big lead they had. they really stop attacking the bears in the second half . and i think that's why everyone blamed whoever was calling the plays.

Source(s): i watched that debacle

i think of the A rizona Diamodbacks will win the sequence in 4 video games. Oh and by way of the way, I stay in Arizona so i visit work out interest a million of the sequence. in case you opt to appreciate, the matchup is Carlos Zambano for the Cubs and Brandon Webb for the Diamondbacks.

I agree. when you have a 20 point lead, you are supposed to get more conservative. It was unlucky breaks and special teams.

They defiently should have kicked AWAY from Hester in that situation!

The Bears are who we thought they were!!!

AND WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!!!

Source(s): i love it