What are some good jobs for hippies?

My female friend is a little hippie girl and she is wonderful! She has dread locks, and I was just wondering what types of jobs can she get with this look. She really wants to get a decent job, but is not sure her employer will want someone who is a hippie. She showers and bathes, and is very clean, but she loves the freestyle clothes and beads. What advice can you give to me to give to her, because she's a bit anti-computer!!!!!

Favorite Answer

smokin' weed.

• ?

Hippie Jobs

1

Source(s): Make Better Pictures http://teres.info/ProPhotographyCourse

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What are some good jobs for hippies?

My female friend is a little hippie girl and she is wonderful! She has dread locks, and I was just wondering what types of jobs can she get with this look. She really wants to get a decent job, but is not sure her employer will want someone who is a hippie. She showers and bathes, and is very...

Source(s): good jobs hippies: https://shortly.im/Z0FKG
  • angk

Any sort of funky hippie shop...bookstores, coffee shops, offbeat clothing stores... From my years in art school, I associate hippies with photography, so perhaps if she's into that or writing or anything like that, a local newspaper... And I think she'll be surprised at the number of retails stores these days looking for people with a different look!

Work with certain political organizations that favor the Left might be a possibility. Not only would she have a respectable job, but she'd be doing the work of an active citizen.

She could also work in any number of customer service jobs, especially at a bookstore or music store. HOWEVER, if she really wants to keep her style while at the same time being hirable in as wide a job range as possible, SHE MUST develop computer skills which are pertinent to today's workplace.

Also, work in a customer service call-in center might be perfect, as the public never sees you.

Finally, she might try working in newspaper publishing as a photographer, writer, editor, etc.

Source(s): I am an actual old Hippie, born in the '50's, raised in The '60's. I am also an entreprenuer, a successful journalist, and STILL a Hippie, with my braids almost to my butt, and big hoop earrings...and I'm a guy!

Making candles. Making tie-dye clothes. Being a hippie is about dropping out. Not being part of the system. Not having credit cards, not having a bank account, living on very little money.

Unfortunately, there are many places that won't take her. But the workforce is becoming more accepting. If I was in her situation, I would give resumes to a variety of places where people of her style frequent. First thing that came to mind is a tattoo and piercing parlour, she could do janitorial duties, etc,.... Sounds stereotypical, but they probably would be more inclined to hire her.

Maybe a social service job, like working in a woman's shelter?

(If she has a background in that type of work) Some employers are willing to overlook that sort of thing, but not many......

I wish her luck and peace.

2

Source(s): Digital Photography Tutorials http://LearnPhotography.latis.info/?fzVt

Anything in the arts or where creativitiy is encouraged.

tell her the computer is a tool. the more tools you know how to use the better jobs you can get regardless of what she wears.