Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 1 decade ago

is it safe to take hot shower before going to bed?

Though i fell stressed @ work, is safe to take hot shower? What are the effects? How about cold shower?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

do u shower at all? yr question seemed like u're asking wat is the effect of eating apples cos u havent ate them before...??

• 1 decade ago

No, do not take a hot shower before bed under any circumstances.

I have a friend - she said her cousin took a hot shower before bed and when she woke up she had appendicitis as well as some second degree burns and vertigo.

I suggest you don't take any chances, just play it safe and take a shower in the morning.

• xtrapr
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I would talk to your doctor and see if it is OK for you.

I have heard of people dying in the shower from the hot water causing the blood to get too thin and then cause heart problem.

Again. I would ask your doctor if you have any reservation.

I like a good warm/hot shower too and would never tale a cold one.

• 1 decade ago

Go ahead...take a hot shower! It will not only relax you, it will relax your mucsles, and it will help you fall asleep faster. Trust me...i take a cold shower in the moring to wake me up, and then at night i take a hot shower to put me to sleep.

A hot shower be for bed will not harm you. Almost everyone takes a hot shower be for bed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ruthie
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Hot showers are safe anytime. Cold showers can shock your system if you are overheated and have been in the sun for a prolonged time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have taken a hot shower before bedtime for years and it hasn't harmed me. I will turn 70 next month. I don't understand why anyone would consider a cold shower.

• 1 decade ago

...There are no effects. You are strange. Hot water relaxes you though. I do not see why you can not take a shower before bed. You're weird.

• 1 decade ago

There is nothing wrong with that. The hot water will relax your muscles and tension and help you get to sleep with more ease.

• 1 decade ago

Why would you worry... except for going to bed sweaty from raised body temp!!

• Paul S
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

I hope so, I have been for years and I'm doing fine

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.