I live in SC . Am trying to identify redish colored spider I saw this morning in a web that stretched 3 feet.?

I got out of my car this morning and ran slap into a web that stretched 3 to 4 feet from a bush to my front porch. This spider landed on the sleeve of my jacket and was immediatly slapped off with the newspaper I was holding. I didn't get the best of looks at it because I was strangled with fear but to the best of my knowledge heres what I saw. The spider had a body at least the size of a half dollar not including legs. It was a red color that almost looked see through but not quite. I have never seen one before and being as I am terrified of spiders I truly hope never to see it again. I did not get a chance to see if it had markings of any kind. Please someone let me know if they can identify it. I have 3 children who play in that area of the yard and would really like to know if its dangerous.

Favorite Answer

I moved to the upstate from New England and have found this web site invaluable, hope it helps you as well

http://www.co.beaufort.sc.us/bftlib/snake.htm

• kimber

whilst i became a toddler we called em crab spiders, yet later i found out that may no longer the actual call. they're exceptionally cool even with the incontrovertible fact that. a number of em look as though Samurai faces. Edit: ok, it rather is a Spiny orb-weaver