Does Iced Tea cause dehydration?

I've heard that it does and doesn't. Can someone please tell me?

Favorite Answer

any drink with high caffeine level may cause dehydration

no...it does not. If its overly sugary, maybe its not the healthiest thing to drink, but normally tea is very healthy...lots of antioxidants.

Liquid is found not only in our beverages, but in our food too. This nonsense about forcing ourselves to drink 8 glasses a day of water to keep our selves hydrated is hog wash. Water is fine, but your body knows when it is thirsty and when it is not. If you like Iced Tea, then drink it. Unless you're under extreme heat and exherting yourself to the limit, then I would suggest Gatorade or another sports drink.

Iced Tea will not cause dehydration. I think maybe you've heard that it would because its got caffeine in it. But no, it will not dehydrate you. I mean, don't take it to the extreme...everything in moderation.

If you buy the sugary stuff with caffeine, yes, your chances of getting dehydrated are very good. Nestea singles has no caffeine & is sweetened with Splenda. You should NOT get dehydrated drinking that stuff.

Source(s): I have a box of 6 singles in front of me. Look for it at Wal-Mart or your local grocer.

NASA debunked the whole caffeine drinks make you dehydrated thing a few years ago. Yes, you will expel more water than if you drank a non caffeinnated beverage, but all the water in the drinks outweighs the extra lost.

yes all caffinated products can help cause dehydration. Because the caffeen takes away from the water and electrolites in your body

yes, very much so, it is caffeinated, and caffein makes you dehydrated. I have had a kidney transplant and I have had to get educated on these sorts of things, so you can trust me.

i hope it doesnt cuz i drink a crap load of iced tea

Source(s): me i am the source of weirdness
  • arkie

yes. yea has caffien just like kauphy. it will causee you to urinate more and w/o replenishing the water, you could dehydrate.

alcohol does the same thing.

It acts more like a diuretic

Hmmm,,I know that coffee can.