Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Where can I find Green tomatoes and ingredients for Seafood Gumbo?

I'm trying to make soem Seafood gumbo and fried green tomaotes but I can't find gree tomatoes, clams, lobster, and squid at the Giant.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

You should be able to find green tomatoes, most tomatoes in the Giant are green, but have been steamed to give them a red color, especially those in those cellophane packs.

You might want to look for a different seafood gumbo recipe. First make a roux by browning flour in oil or fat. Around here, seafood gumbo usually has shrimp and crabs, and maybe some other things. Gumbo is made from a little bit of everything, but I have NEVER heard of squid in a gumbo, although it could happen. I thought Giant did have clams and lobster, but you may have to get them in the frozen foods section.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I would ask under the food section, someone may know. I've always wanted to try making gumbo myself. I love the stuff.

• elidia
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

a million. FROM classic AMERICAN - foodstuff devoid of FUSS a million medium eco-friendly tomato (in line with person) buttermilk cornmeal salt and pepper 1st Baron Verulam drippings (or olive oil) Slice tomatoes a million/4 inch thick slices; dip in buttermilk then cornmeal pro with salt and pepper. warmth fat till warm yet no longer smoking. Saute the two edge approximately 5 minutes. Seafood gumbo: components: a million/4 cup roux 2 super onions, chopped 3 cups okra, chopped 2 tablespoons oil a million can (14.5 oz.) stewed tomatoes 3 cloves garlic, minced 2 quarts water salt black pepper cayenne pepper a million/2 cup parsley, finely chopped 6 to eight eco-friendly onions, finely chopped 2 pounds shrimp a million cup oysters a million cup crab meat crab claws warm cooked rice training: upload shrimp to roux and cook dinner for a couple of minutes. set aside. cook dinner okra and onions in warm oil. upload tomatoes and garlic whilst okra is very almost carried out. cook dinner a couple of minutes longer, then upload water, salt and pepper. stylish Oyster Soup unique recipe yield: 6 servings PREP TIME 15 Min cook dinner TIME 40 5 Min waiting IN a million Hr components 2 tablespoons butter a million/2 cup carrot, finely chopped a million/2 cup onion, finely chopped a million/2 cup celery, finely chopped a million/2 cup button mushrooms, chopped a million/2 cup butter a million/4 cup all-objective flour a million quart rooster broth a million (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained a million bay leaf 3/4 teaspoon salt a million/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper a million/4 teaspoon dried thyme a million/4 teaspoon dried oregano a million/4 teaspoon dried sage a million cup heavy cream 12 shucked oysters and juice guidelines In a extensive pot, saute chopped carrot, onion, celery and sparkling mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter for 5 minutes or till the onions are sparkling.

• Steph
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Go to the Food Network for recipies and you can buy green tomatoes or tomatillos at produce stands or health food stores.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

green tomatoes arent completly green,its refering to unmature tomatos go to windixie or something all the ingriedients can be found at a super market.

• Nico
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Try a produce store in your area. They should have them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

farm markert

• 1 decade ago

kraft foods.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

www.foodnetwork.com

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.