Why do people consistantly and persistantly confuse....?

....race with religion? I'm sick of people being flamed for mentioning Muslims and being told they are being racist. Muslim isn't a race it's a religion so please get your facts right. If people want to debate about religions then so be it, just don't start jumping up and down screaming... show more ....race with religion?

I'm sick of people being flamed for mentioning Muslims and being told they are being racist.

Muslim isn't a race it's a religion so please get your facts right. If people want to debate about religions then so be it, just don't start jumping up and down screaming "RACIST" at every available opportunity - it's getting boring and isn't even accurate.
Update: LOL @ laughs-at-parrot Can't believe I didn't spell consistently and persistently correctly! Good grief I must be slipping in my old age! What a dumb ***! I wonder if there are discrimination laws to protect those of us who inadvertently become temporarily illiterate? I'll look into it and sue... show more LOL @ laughs-at-parrot

Can't believe I didn't spell consistently and persistently correctly! Good grief I must be slipping in my old age! What a dumb ***!

I wonder if there are discrimination laws to protect those of us who inadvertently become temporarily illiterate?

I'll look into it and sue you if I can find any!

Touché!

Witchywoo xx
Update 2: race2 • noun 1 each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics. 2 racial origin or distinction: rights based on race. 3 a group of people sharing the same culture, language, etc.; an ethnic group. 4 a group of people or things with a common feature. 5 Biology a distinct... show more race2

• noun 1 each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics. 2 racial origin or distinction: rights based on race. 3 a group of people sharing the same culture, language, etc.; an ethnic group. 4 a group of people or things with a common feature. 5 Biology a distinct population within a species; a subspecies.

— USAGE Some people now feel that the word race should be avoided, because of its associations with the now discredited theories of 19th-century anthropologists and physiologists about supposed racial superiority. Terms such as people, community, or ethnic group are less emotionally charged.

— ORIGIN French, from Italian razza.

Oxford English Dictionary.

Still not sure that I would use the term to describe a religion but hey, that's my opinion and I've enjoyed reading yours - whatever you might have to say on the subject.
26 answers 26