Why do people hate furries?

Why do people hate furries (i.e. people that like anthromorphic animals)? I see a lot of negative things about it and I don't understand where it comes from.

Favorite Answer

Why do people hate homosexuals?

Why do people hate black people?

Why do people hate trannies?

Why do people hate those that are into golden showers?

Why do people hate those that are into scat?

Why do people hate smokers?

Why do people hate druggies?

My point is that everybody has a line of acceptance. Some people are okay with things that might seem completely insane or wrong to someone else. You might think furries are okay but perhaps the thought of someone having a bowel movement all over you for sexual gratification is wrong. Do you see my point?

Also, furries is a fairly new thing so it's going to take people a long time to come to terms with it. Hell, homosexuality has been around for a lot longer and see how accepted that is?

The exact reason why people hate furries is because of this. There is something called Yiff which is something shunned by most furries themselves. It is where certain "furverts" will draw pictures of furries mating. They will often have big human parts such as the female may have big breasts ect. However, furries hate it when people do this. Even furry haters have drawn this to dirty up the art form of the furries. Of course like everything else fun they had to ruin it. So the haters along with the media somehow came up with the idea that furries have sex in the fursuits, which is not true. The lies eventually piled up then got spread all over. Then migrated to television and social media! I will tell you this for a fact, 95% of furries shun "furverts", Yiff, and they diffidently don't have sex in the fursuits! NONE of them have sex in the suits. You are probably wondering what these suits are for? The furries are simply expressing themselves and they choose to look like their fursona.

I only learned these people existed two or three years when Vanity Fair ran that big article. I read the article while browsing the magazine section in a Borders Bookstores and almost fell on my *** laughing right there in the store. That was my first reaction; that was pretty much the first reaction of everybody I showed the article to afterwards.....

So much for first reactions ; now as for my long term overview, I think it's totally freakshit and the people involved should get help, as in serious psychiatric help. I certainly don't hate them. Why would I? They'd have to be a threat to me to inspire such a feeling and I don't think these people are a threat to anything except each other's mental health.....

Incidentally this weird little subculture did inspire one of the top ten best CSI episodes, "Fur and Loathing," which was about a murder at a convention of furries. Totally worth watching.....

I honestly don't know much about it - saw something on a TV show one time were a bunch of them got together in Las Vegas. I say as long as they are consenting adults who cares?

I don't know where you're getting this idea. I don't think they're mainstream enough to be hated. I only learned that they existed this year!

I don't hate anyone, but I am creeped out by the idea of dressing up as animals and having sex. Also, I've seen the "artwork" and it is beyond creepy.

People are afraid of what they do not understand...

some are allergic to cats and dogs