well, if it gets really bad, you should go to doctor. In rare cases it can cose blindness or so on...but this is rare. here is what wors for me. I suffer from this very othen. It is cosed by alergy and I prefer using alternative medecine.
1) homeopathic remedy: pulsatilla a,nd kali bi-cromicum (if you take it it can work or not work for you. homeopathic medecins do not have side efects)
2) basilicum and salvia steem inhalation, you know... a pot with lots of steeming tea and a towel ower your head and the pot. This is great! you can add cooking salt in it too. Also eucaliptus oil, minth, etc helps.
3) put something warm on the inflamated area. A hard boild egg (naturraly just cooked) is a grandma medecine working for me. It emitates wormth for long time. I also dry warm some kitchen salt or sand and put it in a cloth, role the clothe as a pancake and then apply this on the synus area. do not use it if its too hot!
4) was your nose...this is something I learned in a yoga book. It is not very esthetic, but it definitelly helps. Salt is very good for this inflamation.
5) acupuncture, acupressure...well I cannot explain the spots, but maybe you can find on the net.
6) lots of rest and sleep
7) finish sauna
8) drinkin tea with these plants tymian and basilicum (recomended), salvia and camomil - anti inflamatory, minth
9) other good plants.: aloe vera extract (anti inflamatori and strenthens the imune sistem), echinacea, propolis - strenthen the imune sistem.
10) the latest discovery was a tincture of eucaliptus, minth oils and ivy plant extract I got in a natural pharmacy. DO NOT EAT OR COOK IVY as by itself it can be poisonous. get the thing in the pharmacy! This one worked pretty good for me, it was easy to use and tasted good.
Hope all these grandma medecine helps.