Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

Is there anyway to get ur deductible on your car waived?

I was hit sat-and have damage to my car-my insurance company states that I am still responisible to pay my 500.00 deductible. Is there any way to get this waived? NO the accident was not my fault

Best Answer

I'm a licensed insurance agent. Two ways you can go about your claim. File it under your policy...pay your $500 deductible...your insurance company will get reimbursed from the other company...then your company will refund your deductible to you. OR...you can just file the claim with the at fault drivers company...then you won't have to pay a deductible.

• Saskia

Yes, deductibles do apply regardless of fault. I'm thinking that your adjuster has been in contact with the other party's insurance, and they have accepted liability. They've likely guaranteed that they will reimburse your insurance company for the accident, so your adjuster has waived it. We do the same thing at the insurance company I work. Although it's not common, it does sometimes happen.

If the policy with your insurance company is paying for it, you will have to pay the deductable... If someone else's policy is paying for it, you don't pay the deductable. Sucks in the case of a hit and run...someone hit my door a few years ago and caused over $1000 damage (Lexus--damaged molding, paint, etc) and I was stuck paying the $500 deductable myself.

you may persue the other insurance company if you think you have a case. Most likely, if it is your fault it is much cheaper and practical to just pay the deductible.

If the accident was not your fault, your insurance company should go after the insurance company of the person who hit you - they should cover the repairs in full if it is determined that you are not liable.

You only have to pay the deductible when it is your fault. Sounds to me like it is your fault, at least according to your insurance. If it isn't the party at fault should make you whole.

THERE ARE SOME REPAIR SHOPS THAT WILL ADD YOUR DEDUCTABLE TO THE COST OF REPAIRS AND PASS IT ON TO THE INSURANCE CO. THIS WAY YOU ARE NOT OUT OF POCKET AND THE INSURANCE YOU PAID ALL THESE YEARS FOR WILL PAY THE CLAIM

YES, HOLD IT HIGH ABOVE YOUR HEAD AND WAVE IT SIDE TO SIDE BEFOR YOU GIVE IT TO THE REPAIR MAN

Source(s): 46 years pullin' on wrenches