Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 decade ago

What is the fuel consumption rate of the C-17 Globemaster III?

Specifically I need to know how much it costs per hour to operate the C-17

Favorite Answer

Hi...

A C-17 Globemaster III can "carry" an usable fuel of 30.325 US Gal (181.000 lb)... and in average it flies an average of 2,775 miles (about 2,400nm)...

This means that it "burns" an average of 10.93 US Gal per mile... and the average cost of the fuel is: minimum US$ 3.80 to US$ 6.51 ... however, the most common price is about US$ 5.06...

So... you would spend US$ 55.30 per mile...

The speed is Mach 0.77 (500 mph) but the normal speed is M.74 (480.52 mph)... so you will spend US$ 26,572.73 per hour to operate the amazing C-17 Globemaster III.

I hope I had helped.

Have a great evening

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): fuel consumption rate 17 globemaster iii: https://tr.im/sFg2x
  • Diane

Since it was designed as a military aircraft, it does not have a civilian Type Certificate. There is no reason it couldn't get one, but there isn't a lot of demand in the civilian world for roll on roll off cargo planes which aren't already being filled by the AN-124, the AN-225, the IL-76, and the L-100 (Hercules).

This depends upon payload, altitude, meteorological data, etc. Cost per hour of operation depends upon crew, etc.