Is the last name Lopez spanish or mexican?

Update:

spanish as in from Spain

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

It might be. Also might be Argentinian, Colombian, Chilean, Uruguayan, Ecuatorian, Panamanian, Guatemalan, Honduran, Salvadorean, Nicaraguan, Costarican, Venezuelan, Bolivian, Paraguayan, Peruvian, Cuban, Dominican

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Lopez is spanish last name

Most of the last names used in Mexico are spanish

There are not much last names that are really mexican like Panecatl, Cuahutémoc, Nezahualcoyotl, but this last names are very rare

• 1 decade ago

Spanish

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Spanish

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Is the last name Lopez spanish or mexican?

Source(s): lopez spanish mexican: https://shortly.im/9ciBr
  • 3 years ago

Last Name Lopez

• 1 decade ago

It's a Spanish last name. The proof for that is the last name López can be found all over Latin America and not just in Mexico. You can even find it in Filipino people because the Philipines used to part of Spain.

It's just like most of the last names of caucasian people in the US. Most of their last names have a background in European countries.

Another country in which I met a lot of people surnamed Lopes was in Brasil, so I'm assuming that it is also a common last name in Portugal. Notice that I wrote Lopes with a 's' at the end because that's the Portuguese translation.

• 1 decade ago

The only Mexicans names are those of Indian who still use them in a very low percentage, like Cuactemoc,or Moctesuma. other wise Lopez is very Spanish, but also you find it in a lot of people from France, and Belgium

• 4 years ago

Alfonso (like mine), Gonzalez, Garcia, Perez, De la Fuente, Rodriguez, Benitez, Chavez, Gutierrez, Gomez, Alonso, SAnchez, Lima, Cruz, Fuentes, Umpierrez. If you want to search the web go to a search engine and write "apellidos" or "apellidos en español" apellidos= last names in Spanish apellidos en español= last names in Spanish

• vim
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Hi,

It is originally from Spain and

was brought over to Mexico when

the Spaniards conquered it.

So, it is Spanish.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.