My dog ate a dime size portion of vanilla ice with fudge swirls.?

According to my brother, the ice cream had little fudge but was mostly vanilla. Do I need to rush and take her to the vet?

Favorite Answer

Nope, your dog should be fine. Very small portions of chocolate aren't typically toxic to dogs, and since it was only a dime-sized portion, there's no need to worry. In fact, I've known some breeders who use M&Ms as treats in the show ring! I wouldn't advise that, but it just shows that very small bits of chocolate won't kill. If your dog ate a whole bar of chocolate, then I'd be worried, but she should be fine (and probably happy from eating some yummy icecream!).

Dogs should not eat that, I know you know that, (O: Your dog will be fine, I do not think it was enough to hurt him, If you would like to do some research on it try the link, http://www.peteducation.com/default.cfm if you are concerned just watch him and give the vet a call, they will tell you the same thing, (O: My dog is great for getting things she is not suppose to, and our home is Pit-bull proof and she still gets in to things, they are like having a forever two year old in the home,

i don't think so , i have given my dogs straight chocolate before ( in small amount) and that neverhurt them . if you have a very small dog i would keep an eye on him/her just to make sure everythign is alright . i bet the dog wanted more uh ..yummy ..

also , i have heard that giving dogs raw hide chew bones or treats , can give some dogs a urinary infection .. not in all cases ,but can happen

Not with that small of a portion. Why are you asking on here instead of calling your vet or local animal hospital?

• Meghan

Hot dog with chocolate cake icing.

i would call the vet and ask but im sure they will tell you he will be fine!!!!just so you know a regular sized hershey bar is poisonous enough to a full grown dog to kill it...but

No, you don't have to rush it to the vet it will not hurt it at all. It was Small amount that it will be OK.

Hon, your doggie will be just fine, my doggie eats KLEENEXES, so she poohs funny looking doooo........we have to be on the alert for her all the time, shes still a young doggie..........that little bit of chocolate wont hurt your dog.......take care, shar

No....dogs are not THAT sensitive to chocolate. But human treats are never good to give to a dog.

I think your dog will be fine - just watch for vomiting or loose stools. I dont think that was enough to mess the doggie up.

Source(s): former vet tech