smik s asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Search · 1 decade ago

Why do I get search results using Yahoo thru Myway.com but no results using Yahoo site alone?

I did a search for:

norcent reso. not supported

If I type this into search at Yahoo.com, I get no results at all. If I use the Yahoo search engine in Myway.com, I get all the results I could want. What is going on?

• snvffy
    Best Answer

I think your search engine has been hijacked. Look in your control panel for Add-Remove Programs. Then look down the list for Myway. If it's there, then remove it.

Suggest you get all the spyware up-to-date and use it.

Ad-Aware

Spybot Search and Destroy

Microsoft Defender

Hi Smik,

The support team at Yahoo looked into this for you and here is the answer. Myway is sending their query to the Yahoo search engine in a different way than yahoo.com does. This is resulting in a more forgiving query which yields many more results in most cases.

• Susan

there's nothing you can do to get the same results with both search engines the reason you get different results is the way they work if all search engines gave the same results it would be a waste of time having more that one anyway sometimes you can't find what you want with one search engine but you can find it with another

here are the results i'm seeing from yahoo search:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?ei=utf-8&fr=slv8-bk...

what are you seeing?