3D Studio Max for Architectural renderings?

Hi all, hope you can guide me in the right direction. I work on Autocad doing Architectural work - house plans. I also have 3d Studio max and would like to make a 3d model of my plans , then render them (hopefully very photo-realistically), add people, sky tree etc. for the use of design and presentation BUT I dont... show more Hi all, hope you can guide me in the right direction. I work on Autocad doing Architectural work - house plans. I also have 3d Studio max and would like to make a 3d model of my plans , then render them (hopefully very photo-realistically), add people, sky tree etc. for the use of design and presentation BUT I dont know where to start.
Is there somewhere online or somewhere where there are step by step tutorials to help me make my flat 2D plans a 3D rendered masterpiece. Come on all you 3d buffs !!! I NEED YOUR HELP !!
p.s I cannot go on a course/college etc, as I work and cannot take time off (or afford it) Many thanks...have a great day