Berenstein or Berenstain??

This is admittedly a stupid question, but I remember watching the Berenstain Bears when I was a kid and I could almost swear they were called the Berenstein Bears. But recently I watched it with my nephew and they are The Berenstain Bears. My sister and I both were sure that it used to be Berenstein and they... show more This is admittedly a stupid question, but I remember watching the Berenstain Bears when I was a kid and I could almost swear they were called the Berenstein Bears. But recently I watched it with my nephew and they are The Berenstain Bears. My sister and I both were sure that it used to be Berenstein and they changed it for some weird anti-semetic reason.(But I don't know, Berenstain may be Jewish too) I looked it up on-line and sure enough it lists the creators as Stan and Jan Berenstain. Does anyone else remember it as Berenstein, or are we the only ones? I guess we just misunderstood all these years. And like I said, I know it's a silly question, you don't need to answer just to comment on my stupidity. I'm just curious about it.
Update: aaaaaaaaaaaaaah why do you care??????? ----Reply---- You need to learn to read dear. I said I was curious...don't be a smart@ss, it really isn't necessary.