Berenstein or Berenstain??

This is admittedly a stupid question, but I remember watching the Berenstain Bears when I was a kid and I could almost swear they were called the Berenstein Bears. But recently I watched it with my nephew and they are The Berenstain Bears. My sister and I both were sure that it used to be Berenstein and they changed it for some weird anti-semetic reason.(But I don't know, Berenstain may be Jewish too) I looked it up on-line and sure enough it lists the creators as Stan and Jan Berenstain. Does anyone else remember it as Berenstein, or are we the only ones? I guess we just misunderstood all these years. And like I said, I know it's a silly question, you don't need to answer just to comment on my stupidity. I'm just curious about it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah why do you care??????? ----Reply---- You need to learn to read dear. I said I was curious...don't be a smart@ss, it really isn't necessary.

Best Answer

i know it used to be berenstein bears.... i used to have their books ...lol

I recommend you read this guy's theory. I also recall it being berenstein, BUT it never actually changed in our current place in the universe. It has always been berenstain HERE. But not where we were.

There are many of us who believe it is/was berenstein. Some people pronounced it "steen". Magazines in the 90s typed out Berenstein instead of Berenstain. Weird.

• Joseph hola
      4 years agoReport

i have a book from the 70's with an a instead of an e, but i recall it being with an e.

After at least nine years this is still being debated and our minds are still being blown to discover that the old spelling was not only changed, but completely disappeared. I wish I had the books I read as a child, because back in those days it was the Berenstein Bears.

• Patty3 years agoReport

I have the books from 1962 and they are Berenstain.

I remember it as Berenstain. I guess its the newly updated version. But you may be right as it being the other way around. People do make new editions to things now.

I remember it as Berenstein, so does my mom.

~Berenstain Bears

Source(s): www.berenstainbears.com

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah why do you care???????