How do I grind coffee beans without a coffee grinder?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
I have some starbucks coffee beans I need to grind, but I dont have a grinder. How can I grind them without buying one?
Best Answer
  • leena answered 8 years ago
You could try using a food processor but it might not work as well. Also sometimes when you go to the store in the coffee aisle they have a machine that grinds them maybe they'd led you use that.
  • 3
  • Comment

Other Answers (11)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • lady of the hearts answered 8 years ago
    I'm from the country. and we use to grind our beans like the way we use to do to our chestnuts
    put them old pillow case and went out side and beat them till you could not feel the whole bean any more
    i still do it in the basement , on the cement floor
    • 3
    • Comment
  • michael o answered 8 years ago
    I used a blender once, they turned out good, just keep pulsing the button to fine grounds.. mmmmm good luck
    • 3
    • Comment
  • mudebar answered 8 years ago
    With a hammer, or you coul try your blender
    • 3
    • Comment
  • Joe D answered 8 years ago
    try a food processor?
    • 3
    • Comment
  • ATWarren answered 8 years ago
    take them to a starbucks and have them grind em. If you are in the jungle then try and a large stone and a small stone, like they did way back when.
    • 2
    • Comment
  • cuteteddy34 answered 8 years ago
    i would use the machine to grind it up at the supermarket or id use the blender or the hammer or id go out and buy another jar of coffee that is already been grinded up
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Nicole answered 8 years ago
    starbucks will grind it free

Source(s):

my sister is a manager there
    • 2
    • Comment
  • SexyTrojan answered 8 years ago
    You can use a blender. Use grind or higher for your settings. You want very small particles for more surface area.

Or, you can take the bag to any grocery or coffee store. They will grind them up for you.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • ACC answered 8 years ago
    Maybe you could wrap them in paper and crush them with something heavy, like a stone - then unwrap them. You may not get finely ground, but if you don't have access to a grinder this could work. Then your coffee will give you stronger muscles AND put hair on your chest! (Ok, just kidding about the hair...)
    If you wanted them more finely ground, you could try using mortar and pestul (sp?) after crushing them in the paper.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

• kitkat answered 8 years ago
    You can't and don't use your blender you will ruin it. You can get a grinder for $20.00 or maybe borrow a friends.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • surfer girly answered 8 years ago
    you cant, buy then allready ground
    • 1
    • Comment

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member Since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total Answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock