Why doesn't America follow Mayor Ed Koch's proposal do deal w/ illegal immigration???

I believe that the root cause of illegal immigration is companies hiring illegal immigrants. He proposed to enforce the requirement to present proper documentation by employees, and fine violators $10,000 for a first offense, $20,000 for a second offense, and 6 months in jail for the third offense. This will force... show more I believe that the root cause of illegal immigration is companies hiring illegal immigrants. He proposed to enforce the requirement to present proper documentation by employees, and fine violators $10,000 for a first offense, $20,000 for a second offense, and 6 months in jail for the third offense. This will force illegal immigrants to leave.
Update: I am not racist and I don't believe illegal immigrants have the right to demand amnesty. They have to follow the laws of this country.
Update 2: I feel that we need to keep companies in check in general as well. For instance, limiting companies going out over sea to get cheap labor instead of hiring Americans. Corporations are a true evil.
Update 3: Stop saying that Americans won't do the work that illegal do!!!!!! If the pay was better then Americans would do them.
Update 4: I believe that corporation are the main root of this. They need to be regulated but they are not since many politicians get their extra income from them.
Please we need regulation on corporations.
Update 5: We need to update our constitution.