"the operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation." What do I do?

When I go to command prompt and type in ipconfig/release it says that, what do I do?

I am not sure where hardware manager is but I am running the Dlink program and it says it's connected to the internet so I am assuming it is detecting it. I can't, however, go on the internet so I might be wrong.

Best Answer

this is caused by the DHCP server on your router trying to assign an IP to your NIC, when your NIC already has one, you can relase it as you must have made it static at some point and you cant release a set IP address, either turn your routers DHCP off and assign all IP address on your LAN manualy, or make sure that your system is set so that it recives an IP address from the router.

that is probably also why u can connect to the net, the router has you set as geing data from the ip address the DHCP has set for you but the computer is sending/reciveing on the IP address you set for it.

note that the 'Dlink program' may have tryed to help and done this for you

msg me if you need a step by step to fix this

check to see if your network adapter is even seen by the computer by going to the hardware manager.