Why do people tend to block busy doorways?

Have you noticed people that people tend to stop and talk in busy doorways? They see someone they know, decide to talk, and stop right next to or in the doorway... I'm not saying they shouldn't talk or that they should ignore people they know...just move out of the doorway, so you don't block everyone... show more Have you noticed people that people tend to stop and talk in busy doorways? They see someone they know, decide to talk, and stop right next to or in the doorway... I'm not saying they shouldn't talk or that they should ignore people they know...just move out of the doorway, so you don't block everyone else that has someplace to go!! What causes this phenomenon? Is it a lack of courtesy? It is ignorance? Is it a "power" thing ("HA!!, everyone has to wait for me. I'm the boss!!")? What is the deal?
Update: Damn Jen...probably because I'm an idiot with an IQ of 63. Maybe because I'm so dumb, I can't think of anything better to ask. Maybe because my brain is diffective...it's broken and I don't know what to do...maybe I cry myself to sleep because I can't get my friggin' neurons to fire... show more Damn Jen...probably because I'm an idiot with an IQ of 63. Maybe because I'm so dumb, I can't think of anything better to ask. Maybe because my brain is diffective...it's broken and I don't know what to do...maybe I cry myself to sleep because I can't get my friggin' neurons to fire properly...ALL MY NEURONS ARE DUMB!!! WWHHHAAAAAA!!!!

Idiot.